Just a Paypal Warning - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
Abby
Just a Paypal Warning

Just a warning to any Paypal users. DO NOT try to get a Paypal debit card unless you are ready for some major headaches. They will more than likely deny you and then limit your account access until you give them all of the info they request... Including your social security # among many other things. Even then they may still keep your account limited. Even after I gave them my social security # (against my better judgement mind you) and jumped through all other hoops I could not get my account limit lifted. I finally called to talk to a rep who informed me that my SS# isn't correct and that they can't lift the limit on my account, instead they just made it worse. My social # is indeed correct as it is in use with my bank, doctors, etc and obviously it is the only one I've had since birth, LOL. Just a warning to anyone looking to avoid headaches. If you type this problem in there are many others who've gone through the same thing, not worth the hassle at all.

I still use Paypal for sending and receiving money to/from known entities, but I have to use a separate account as mine is practically useless. I can't even delete it. Paypal = Massive headache sometimes.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
ozz465
thx for the heads up , sorry ure having such probs .

Old 12-24-2010, 02:12 AM   #3
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz465 View Post
thx for the heads up , sorry ure having such probs .
I just figured it could save someone the headache, lol. Ironic that I was trying to get the card to make bank transfers less of a hassle, and it just made ALL of Paypal more of a hassle. UGH! This was a few months ago though, I just now got around to posting about it

Old 12-24-2010, 02:25 AM   #4
ozz465
strangely enough i was thinking about it for future use , but this helped me decide not to .

Old 12-24-2010, 02:28 AM   #5
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz465 View Post
strangely enough i was thinking about it for future use , but this helped me decide not to .
If it wasn't such a common problem I wouldn't be so quick to advise against it... But I know I won't be attempting it ever again, LOL. I just think it's fishy for them to ask for your SS# PERIOD.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:42 AM   #6
ozz465
yea it is , i would not give them such info as well.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:22 AM   #7
bsharrah
Paypal is a bank, just not in the traditional sense. Asking for your SS# is not unusual. The fact that they are telling you your SS# is wrong should be raising huge red flags. What are they seeing that would suggest it isn't correct? My advice would be to contact SS Administration and verify your number is still yours, and no one else has been using it through them. Then obtain a credit report from all three reporting agencies. You can get these free once a year but often it is only from one of the three agencies. I highly suggest getting a copy from all three.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:32 AM   #8
KelliH
I love my Pay Pal debit card. I've used it hundreds of times and have never had a problem. I love it.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:18 AM   #9
deborahbroadus
Thanks Bart, Kelli...I have been on the fence about getting one.

Abby, I totally agree with Bart, if someone told me my S.S. was wrong, I would definitely be investigating! Good luck!

Old 12-24-2010, 08:08 AM   #10
chris allen
I agree with kellih....I have had my card for awhile now and think its great!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!