Just a Paypal Warning - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #31
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Abby, your original thread was on 12/23, today is 2/13. I am not judging nor preaching, but if someone said there was a problem with my SS#, the sun would not set before I initiated efforts to find out why that might be so.
Having been the victim of an identity theft, I can assure you that repairing identity damage is a horrible but necessary hassle, and if it has occurred, the sooner the repair is done, the less damage one suffers.
I agree, but nothing is at risk. I have nothing connected to my SS. They would be getting a pointless number, nothing else. All evidence points to Paypal's mistake as nothing else points to fraud.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #32
reptile-phan
Your ss# is pointless. Oh boy your in a world of hurt when some1 gets it and steals your identity. Idk I'm seventeen and I wouldnt just hand out my ss# that's pretty much how the government knows who you are

Old 02-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #33
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptile-phan View Post
Your ss# is pointless. Oh boy your in a world of hurt when some1 gets it and steals your identity. Idk I'm seventeen and I wouldnt just hand out my ss# that's pretty much how the government knows who you are
What I meant is there is no money or anything they could get ahold of through it. Of course it isn't pointless but I don't have anything physical to lose from it. Guess I should have been more clear. I will be checking it out but all signs point to Paypal's failure, not fraud. If someone has tampered with my SS# they are doing a piss-poor job of screwing my life up.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:49 AM   #34
reptile-phan
Yeah but still they can open a bank account in your name the mess up your credit score and so on. My dad has identity theft

Old 02-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #35
Abby
Quote:
Yeah but still they can open a bank account in your name the mess up your credit score and so on. My dad has identity theft
Yea, but what's the chance of that? Considering there are 0 signs of that. I guess I'm just not paranoid about something with a very, very small chance of happening. I don't have a credit score as I buy everything with cash, lol. So unless someone's made up a completely new me (which there is 0 evidence of) there is no risk.

Old 02-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #36
featheredzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
Yea, but what's the chance of that? Considering there are 0 signs of that. I guess I'm just not paranoid about something with a very, very small chance of happening. I don't have a credit score as I buy everything with cash, lol. So unless someone's made up a completely new me (which there is 0 evidence of) there is no risk.
Have you pulled your credit report to find out? Having no credit is better than having bad credit. You might not know what's going on if things are being sent to a different address. Since you can get one credit report a year free, it might not be a bad idea to check now, so you can limit damage. In addition, you can only go back sixty days or so if something does happen.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #37
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by featheredzard View Post
Have you pulled your credit report to find out? Having no credit is better than having bad credit. You might not know what's going on if things are being sent to a different address. Since you can get one credit report a year free, it might not be a bad idea to check now,.
very good advice!
In case you don't have the website, it is:
https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

Old 02-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #38
reptile-phan
Yeah your credit affects everything else unless your planning to pay for your house in full with cash well your kinda screwed if some1 messes with your credit

Old 02-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #39
Abby
Quote:
Yeah your credit affects everything else unless your planning to pay for your house in full with cash well your kinda screwed if some1 messes with your credit
Yea, I don't really need to worry about it though.

Thanks for the advice & concern guys, but my point is there is no evidence of fraud. 100% evidence of Paypal being at fault. Just Google Paypal problems and you'll see the mountain in a second (and yes, even the very problem they caused me). It really doesn't matter though. The purpose of this thread was to warn people that it can happen to them. There are cases of 10 year customers of Paypal having this happen to them for no reason. Just sayin'

Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #40
reptile-phan
Yeah sorry didn't mean to make a big deal about it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!