Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware - Page 51 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-23-2005, 12:15 PM   #501
Chameleon Company
In a kangaroo court setting ....

Bill, you are the gift that keeps giving. I don't mean to mock the BOI with that description ... its the format that we have, and we make due. But in your response to Dave's questioning, you replied
Quote:
Would it of really mattered what I said ? I was convicted in the eyes of 95 % of the people here so why continue with the truth.
After much teeth pulling, you admitted the truth. The evidence was overwhelming. So, as others have pointed out, what is the relevence of any stated percent? Lets speculate. If you had been innocent, to have 95% of the people aligned against you would have been a an undeserved tragedy. But you, and at least 95% of us, knew you had perpetrated this whole event. My conclusion is that the 95% figure that you quote (not to lose sight of those who still certify you as a "Good Guy") is meant to confirm the middle section of the old adage where "you can fool some of the people all of the time..." Not sure how many posts you have here Bill, but IMO its about 95% too many. I would hope that your future in the business never returns to this point, and wish you well.

Jim Flaherty
The Chameleon Company, LLC

Old 07-23-2005, 12:16 PM   #502
Ophis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig
Wow, small world. Last I read it was for sale on reptibid. I wasn't aware that you could bid trades on there. What do you do, just bid the total trade value of the animals you have, and you are binded to the trade with the high bidder, no matter what they have? Must be nice to have a winning bidder close enough to pick the snakes up too.

Pretty neat hey Dave!?!........less of a paper trail that way too!

Old 07-23-2005, 12:16 PM   #503
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Wow, small world. Last I read it was for sale on reptibid. I wasn't aware that you could bid trades on there. What do you do, just bid the total trade value of the animals you have, and you are binded to the trade with the high bidder, no matter what they have? Must be nice to have a winning bidder close enough to pick the snakes up too.
You need to go back and read where it was pulled last week

Old 07-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #504
DaveyFig
Quote:
You need to go back and read where it was pulled last week
Naw, I just read it here, so why go back?
How did you justify to reptibid that you were pulling the ad? Do they know that you were selling stolen property? How did you advertise that the snake was available, and set up the trade?Was the trade made after you sent payment for the snake, or did you trade stolen goods? If you hadn't paid yet, did the person you traded with know they were trading for stolen goods?

Old 07-23-2005, 12:24 PM   #505
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borewyrm
Wow this thread is out of hand. I must say, the fact that he "admitted it", does not change the fact that this has been a kangaroo court from damn near the get-go. I sat down and read most of it, skipped a bunch of pages out of the middle as there was a series of beligerant posts that were growing quite tiresome. I do not quite understand what has yet to be resolved, the defendent was forced to prove his innocense (really fits with our legal system) and susequently under pressure "admitted it". I do not like snakes and would never have any reason to buy/sell from him. But something about how this whole "trial" was conducted I found unsettleing.
Why is it out of hand?
I would remind people also that this thread is entitled "Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware". We are supposed to utilize existing threads. I think they are valid questions that are on topic.

So, now he says it not the same snake all over agian. There are too many markers on that snake to make it another unless it is a twin. Is that not worthy of keeping the thread on top. There will never be pictures of that snake again.

Old 07-23-2005, 12:26 PM   #506
Borewyrm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Why is it out of hand?
I would remind people also that this thread is entitled "Bill Leverton SCAMMER beware". We are supposed to utilize existing threads. I think they are valid questions that are on topic.

So, now he says it not the same snake all over agian. There are too many markers on that snake to make it another unless it is a twin. Is that not worthy of keeping the thread on top. There will never be pictures of that snake again.
OK so what you are saying is a simple "Bump" would do.

Old 07-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #507
shrap
I really do not know why people keep harping on this. Bill has had every opportunity to shed some light on this and all we have gotten is a bunch of double talk and innuendos. Sound familiar? It should, it is pretty much what every scammer does.

What else really needs to be said about this particular incident? The act itself and his actions since explain it all. Bill is a thief and a scammer. The name Leverton will forever be tainted in the reptile community. End of story.

Old 07-23-2005, 12:30 PM   #508
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Naw, I just read it here, so why go back?
How did you justify to reptibid that you were pulling the ad? Do they know that you were selling stolen property? How did you advertise that the snake was available, and set up the trade?Was the trade made after you sent payment for the snake, or did you trade stolen goods? If you hadn't paid yet, did the person you traded with know they were trading for stolen goods?
Lee got his money at 12 noon oops 12:02 Thursday I traded it yesterday so in the eyes of the law so to speak it wasn't stolen goods.But I'm sure you find something else to insinuate

Old 07-23-2005, 12:31 PM   #509
Bill_Leverton
And This is the last post on this I give up..

Old 07-23-2005, 12:36 PM   #510
Crested Lady
Just because you got caught does not mean that the snake wasn't originally "stolen". Don't lessen what you actually tried to do, just because you got caught and paid Lee the money in an attempt so save your so-called reputation. Besides, you posted the snake before Lee even got his money. So you really were attempting to sell/trade stolen goods.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!