Beyond beardies..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-24-2006, 04:32 PM   #1
Rebel Dragons
Beyond beardies.....

What else does everyone keep?

Besides the dragons we also have an Argentine Black and White Tegu, a Red Tail Boa with 2 more on the way in Oct, a small colony of mice, and coming soon some kind of Tarantula that Cory is picking out.

Remember when you just had one reptile and swore you would never get more??? I know I do........

Old 09-24-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
Valley Dragons
Right now all I have other than my beardies is a female ball python and some fish. I am planning on getting a couple of ackie monitors in the near future. A professor at our nearby college is breeding ackies and he said that I could have one or two from his next clutch. Pretty cool! I would LOVE to have a whole menagerie of reptiles, but space is pretty limited because of all the baby beardies. Maybe I can convince my husband that he needs to build on to our house, lol!

Jamie

Old 09-24-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
Valley Dragons
Oh, and I forgot to mention all the silly crickets that we are breeding. Does that count? LOL.

Jamie

Old 09-24-2006, 06:48 PM   #4
Rebel Dragons
If bugs count I can add crickets, mealies, supers. I don't know if I can more roaches here in Arizona but I would like to.

Do mice on ice count?

Old 09-24-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
a1littlesister
If you are talking about any kind of animal other than reptiles....I have in my loving home..my 2 beardies, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 2 degues and 1 STO (short tailed possum). Then my husband which is the biggest critter I have..lol..but he puts up with me and my four legged kids.

Old 09-24-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
techgirl
Here's my list:
2 BP's
2 corns
1 Hogg Island
2 Beardies
1 Pacman frog
5 Leopard Geckos
2 dogs
2 cats
too many supers
alot of waxies
way too many roaches
some mealies
a few goliath worms
1 2 yr old
1 40 yr old
then people wonder why I'm always busy

Old 09-24-2006, 09:36 PM   #7
Mokele
Well, in addition to my fiancee's bearded dragon, we've got a 13-year-old Columbian boa, a rescued ball python, a blue tegu, and 2 crested geckos (along with about 2 dozen varieties/species/hybrids of carnivorous plants).

On top of that, at the lab I study in (animal locomotion), we've got 7 adult corns, 4 juveniles, 4 amazon tree boas, 2 retics, 1 jungle carpet python, 6 anoles (3 green, 3 brown) and a pair of paradise flying tree snakes.

I'm not even going to bother with the list of preserved critters, skeletons and fossils; the last cataloging I did took all day and exceeded 130 items, not counting the bag-o-herps I've still got in my freezer waiting to be sorted and the items stored at my folk's place due to space issues.

Henry

Old 09-24-2006, 10:02 PM   #8
Mooing Tricycle
I dont have Beardies...yet * i know mike, i need to get one * :P I need alot of other peoples animals here... Youre all the reason im poor you know!!!!

Currently, ( i love posting about them)
Ive got 2.1.1 Ball Pythons One Normal Male - Asus, One 66% Het male - Pernix One normal female - Daija, and one really really light colored unknown rescue. i dont remember if i named it or not yet... lol.
Ive also got 1.1.0 Irian Jaya Carpet Pythons both pure IJ's and normal looking their names are Akami, and Philemon.
Gordon My Boyfriend has 1.0.0 normal ball python. his name is Kamaji
in the mamillian dept. Ive also got two Cats, Muta and Hobbes. Muta is a DSH , and Hobbes is my Fluffy DLH. Both are Boys, and are seriously the best two little furchildren i have in my life.
Living with my parents i also own Two Male rabbits. Cheiro, English Spot and Bugsy, Hotot.
Ive also got a Ghost Shrimp and a Little longfinned tetra fish. my Shrimps name is
"Bob" the fish, is just Fish.

i know im sad, i name all of my animals, and actually remember them. (mostly) ^_^ weve got quite the zoo here. if you want pictures check out my Gallery over at Livejournal. http://pics.livejournal.com/mooingtricycle/

Old 09-25-2006, 05:11 PM   #9
melindaste
Heres my big list
Beardies 1.1
ball pythons 4.5
Cat 1
Rats as pets 2.3(kids pets)
2 guinne pigs 1.1 (kids Again)
3 fish
endless mice , meal worms.
1.3 kids
1 husband(like amyone needs more than one )

Im working on the hubby for a suluca tort. Keep fingers crossed LOL

Old 09-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #10
Valley Dragons
Mooing Tricycle,

Don't feel bad about naming all your animals. You have not really gone over the deep end until you insist on naming all of your hatchlings (that you are supposed to be selling soon), thus insuring that you will become pathetically attached to them all. I am still a relatively new breeder, and I hope that I will eventually become somewhat numb to the "sending my babies out into the cold world" thing. It has kind of become a family event - a new clutch hatches and we all sit around and think up names while I do measurements and such. I had to put my foot down, however, when my 3-year old son decided to play the name-game. I do not need dragons named "Poop" and "Snot".

Jamie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!