Help, my belly is on fire!!**PIC** - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
Boa4u
Help, my belly is on fire!!**PIC**

Can anyone guess what kind of boa I am?

Old 10-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
crotalusadamanteus
I'm gonna guess it ain't a Honduran, since there's no blood dripping down your arm. The tail looks sorta Salmon like, but what I can see from the sides, almost has a Hog type of look.

I'm gonna guess it's of the Constrictor variety. Final Answer.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
Boa4u
I would like to remind the contestants to phrase your answers in the form of a question!!LOL Lets see some more guesses before I reveal myself. The intrigue, the suspense!!

Old 10-18-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
crotalusadamanteus
I almost said Red Amarili, but it just seems like a little too much color.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
bigdogg
Im guessing a cross of some kind. Maybe Central American Crossed Salmon. Maybe Costa Rican.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
Miss Tuniwha
I will be the idiot to say the obvious guess..

FIRE BELLY BOA?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Old 10-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
Boa4u
I am a Striped Salmon Poss Het Blood.

Here she is as a baby

And here are some more shots that were taken today. She has really changed since she was a baby. She has a lot more black coming in and her belly caught fire cause it wasn't that red when she was a baby. She had a lot more color on her dorsal and sides when she was a baby but it has gotten darker as she has gotten older.

I plan to breed her this fall to a Salmon Het Blood/Het Anery to try and prove her out. I wonder if all the black coming in can be a marker, maybe she is het anery also? This breeding will produce at least Super Salmons, Salmons, and Normals all 50% Het Blood/Het Anery. At best, I might have some more Pewters and Bloody Salmons.

Thanks to those of you who played Snake Jeopardy!!

Old 10-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #8
bigdogg
I was close. El Salvadorian Blood line crossed salmon right lol. She is very pretty that is for sure. Be cool to see some more pewters

Old 10-19-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
Metachrosis
Never seen such a ventral pattern/color on any of the bloods,muchless the known El'Salvadorian imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogg View Post
I was close. El Salvadorian Blood line crossed salmon right lol. She is very pretty that is for sure. Be cool to see some more pewters

Old 10-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #10
Boa4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogg View Post
Yes you were very close,and thanks for the comp. If she proves out then El Salvadorian Blood Boa genes are definitely present. And yes, it will be cool to see some more Pewter Boas. I guess we will find out in June/July 2009 if all goes well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!