*DUW* My First Litter of 2009 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
Boa4u
*DUW* My First Litter of 2009

Look what I found yesterday afternoon, my first litter of 2009. This was my first ever salmon to salmon breeding.
The initial stats are:
12 Possible Super Salmons Poss Het Blood
2 Normals Poss Het Blood
2 Slugs

Both Mom and Dad were Salmons 66% Het Blood so even though I struck out on the Blood Boas and Bloody
Salmons with this litter the babies could still be 50% het blood cause one of the parents might still be a het.
I see a couple of probable supers in this litter already and some nice strypers in there. I am really proud of momma, she is a first timer and produced 14 heathy looking (so far) babies and 2 slugs.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
Randall Turner
Congratulations on a beautiful litter. Sorry you didn't hit on the bloods, but the beauties definitely make up for that.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
Tiger Lilly
Congrats--they look great!

Old 05-09-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Miss Tuniwha
congrats! and look at those stripes! got yourself a couple hold backs there didn't you

Old 05-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
Congratulations on a beautiful litter. Sorry you didn't hit on the bloods, but the beauties definitely make up for that.
Your avatar... is that... Deadpool? -squee-

Congrats on the litter, those little stripers are smokin!

Old 05-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
Randall Turner
lol, yeah its Deadpool.

A question on the parents. Are they from Rich's stripe line? (betting they are, which should make future bloods made with the line awesome.)

I look forward to seeing post shed shots of the little buggers.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
Boa4u
Thanks everyone!! I am seeing some interesting things(at least to me) with this litter. First of all, I am seeing some reddish looking tongues. It is not like the bright red tongues on albino boas but more of a dark red mixed with black. Some have redder tongues than others. Second, some of the babies seem to have whiteish eye backgrounds without the traditional headstripe crossing through the eye. I had heard once that het albino boas can have this white eye thing but I don't think there is any albino genes in these babies. I know that salmons can sport red eye backgrounds but I am not aware of the white eyes in non het sunglow or non het albinos. And lastly, one of the salmon babies has the "holes in the saddles" look that you see on some jungle boas.

Ain't breeding fun? I find it never gets old because of things like this, where you see traits, colors, or patterns that you weren't aware of and/or weren't expecting. Also, the suspense of first time mommas giving birth and then the satisfaction of then having another proven breeder takes you on a bit of a rollercoaster ride!!

Good luck to all of you who are expecting litters of your own this season.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #8
Boa4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
congrats! and look at those stripes! got yourself a couple hold backs there didn't you
Thanks Brandi! And yes, I see a few there that might never leave my facility!! My problem is that I tend to keep too many!

Old 05-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #9
Boa4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Turner View Post
lol, yeah its Deadpool.

A question on the parents. Are they from Rich's stripe line? (betting they are, which should make future bloods made with the line awesome.)

I look forward to seeing post shed shots of the little buggers.
Yes Randall, the parents were purchased from Rich. His line does have alot of striping and I have definately seen it in the babies I have produced from his line. Sienna is another first time momma that I am waiting on this season and both her and the father to be have some nice striping that I am hoping to see in the babies.

I will post some more preshed pics and some postshed pics.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #10
crotalusadamanteus
Sweet lookin bunch of little ones. If I wasn't about to clean out my savings on five more cages and supplies, I'd have to try talking you out of this one...

Congrats! Great looking babies.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!