baby sand boa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
corn_breeder
baby sand boa

i recently got a small female KSB, it looks like she is going threw a bad shed, its on her face and i hope it comes off soon, i did moisten up a cloth so she can get a bit of assistance. im trying to feed her now, but doubt she will want to eat, but im just kinda introducing my self since i am new to sand boas, i will try to get some pics and see if she eats in a day or so.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:07 AM   #2
Helenthereef
Hi, do put some pics up.
I find the best way to deal with a bad shed is to bathe them in warm water and then let them run through a damp but rough towel, let her rub her face in it if she seems so inclined.
Good luck!

Old 03-29-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
corn_breeder
i have been showering her daily, and she seems eager to get it off, she seems to sleep alot, but after i handle her she moves around in the cage rubbing up againts the walls. she did refuse to eat like i thought she would so im going to wait till she sheds fully

Old 03-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #4
Helenthereef
Does she have anything a little rough to rub against in her tank? Something like a piece of natural wood?

Old 03-29-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
corn_breeder
no not really, i may get her somthing soon, im have trouble deciding what kind of bedding would be best for her, some say aspen some say sand.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
Helenthereef
I'm no expert on sand boas, maybe you could ask the person who posted this thread - she has a sand boa (even if she can't sex them!)

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...296#post905296

It's my experience that most snakes need something to rub against to assist in shedding, so maybe a small branch may help her out of her current difficulty?

Old 03-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #7
corn_breeder
she does look like she is having trouble shedding, i have been bathing her every day or more, and it looks like some of it is coming off not much though, i did help her out and now on of her eyes she can use, but not sure if this will help or hurt her, she is looking wrinkly now i guess from not eating,

Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
Helenthereef
I'm surprised that no Sand Boa owners have come onto this thread. I'd suggest taking a pic if you can, and posting it under a new thread name, something with "Please help sand boa" in the title.

Old 04-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #9
pequeno
Humidity chamber around shedding time = deli cup or tupperware with a hole in the top filled with peat moss or even damp paper towels. or if you have lots of ventilation damp substrate dries quickly and aids in shedding................................ just my $.02
and look up care sheets omn the internet for more help and advice

Old 04-06-2010, 11:19 PM   #10
Twizted Paths
A pic would help to see how bad it is.

Deff give her something to rub against so she can work it off & a damp hide as was suggested, then just let her do her snakie thing with them.

As long as her eyes, the tip of her tail, and nostrils are clear it's nothing to worry about until next shed.

She's actually probably not eating from the excess handling as opposed to the bits of stuck shed. If the three parts are clear just let her be so she can settle in.

I hope she can dry off between all the watering?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!