What color to use? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

View Poll Results: Which color do you like?
The snake skin background 3 50.00%
Black background 1 16.67%
Green background 2 33.33%
Violet background 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2004, 12:51 PM   #1
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
What color to use?

I can't make up my mind. The first one is a snake skin, it was a lot of work and I really like it~ but it takes a LONG time to load, and is difficult to see some of the words on:
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #2
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
The Black background is nice, but a bit too oppressive maybe?
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2004, 12:57 PM   #3
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Green is my favorite color, but I'm afraid it may be a bit too pastel for me. Darker green was just oppressive like the black, so I like this one, but I'm not sure:
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2004, 01:00 PM   #4
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Last one~ I like the purple, but again, worried about it being too "Girl-y-" for me. For some reason I can't get that font at the top any larger than it is unless I save it as a jpg and insert it as an image
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2007, 11:12 PM   #5
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Wow~ I posted this question 3 YEARS ago when I built the web site. NOW people are giving me thier opinions!
LOL!

Old 03-16-2007, 11:21 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
no offense when i say this here, but i think the snakeskin (while pretty) makes it look a little cheezy, the green looks very nice though, and makes it really easy on the eyes to look at, as well as giving it a nice clean feel. <3

Just my opinion though! others may very well LIKE the snakeskin! hehehe

Old 03-16-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Wow~ I posted this question 3 YEARS ago when I built the web site. NOW people are giving me thier opinions!
LOL!

LOL!!
i hate when old posts are brought up... ignore me if you chose the snakeskin...<3 *goes to check now*

Old 03-16-2007, 11:50 PM   #8
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
LOL~
I actually went with the green~ with the snake skin in a banner at the top
Thanks for your opinion though! Thats exactly what I was after when I asked 3 years ago!

Old 03-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
LOL~
I actually went with the green~ with the snake skin in a banner at the top
Thanks for your opinion though! Thats exactly what I was after when I asked 3 years ago!

LOL ah well... I went and looked and i was suprised you actually did the green! I like the banner though, it adds a good touch and dosnt overtake anything<3

Your rats in those pics are darn cute... i never could think a rat to be so darn adoreable

Old 03-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #10
NathanLedet
I use this program a lot...it's called Color Schemer and use it when I'm trying to figure out what colors to use for a web site. It's great for finding complimentary colors and gives you an idea of what colors not to use.

Yeah...a 3 year old post, but still thought i'd offer the advice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!