Who's here and what do you keep? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-22-2006, 03:57 PM   #11
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Klass
My boas are as follows:

1.1 dh sunglow
0.1 het albino
0.1 Nic (project with bright tangerine patches)
1.1 Guyanas
1.1 Surinames
3.4 normal pastels
1.0 striped normal
2.5 normal pastel yearlings

I currently have two gravid normals this season. Next season much of what I have will be able to breed. I'm so ready!

Art, the next time I hit Bass Pro I will shoot you an email to meet up. I am in Springfield several times a year as we have a condo at the Ozarks and I have clients in Joplin.

Griz

Old 03-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #12
Art Klass
Quote:
Art, the next time I hit Bass Pro I will shoot you an email to meet up. I am in Springfield several times a year as we have a condo at the Ozarks and I have clients in Joplin.
You bet Griz. I live 10 minutes from Bass Pro. Drop me a line when you know that you are coming and we can grab something to eat. Art

Old 03-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #13
JCCS
Localities:

Corn Islands
Caulker Cays
Nicaraguans
Costa Ricans
Hog Islands

Morphs:

Hypos of assorted types
Stripe line Albino
Hets for sharp and Kahl strain albino.
Pastels
Double het for albino and square tail and poss het stripe.
Ghost
het for Ivory anery

Old 03-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #14
Laura Fopiano
Angry Okay I'll play

Some of you may or may not know, that I suffered a major tragedy last year and destroyed my complete collection of boas...the list of the deceased
0.1 7 year old het ghost..proven
0.1 6 year old normal that thru amazing babies..proven twice
0.1 9 year old Argie...slugged out 2 seasons in a row
0.1 5 year old Rich Isle anery (first to undergo live liver biopsy)
0.1 4 year old weirdo looking jungle full stripped tail (damn I was looking forward to her litter that would have been born in 2 months)
0.1 4 year old extreme pastel/red beauty (would have also delivered this year)
0.1 3 year old aberrant jungelish reversed stripped tail
0.1 2 year old ladder tail
0.1 2 year old reversed stripped tail
0.1 2 year old pastel (my first hold back)
0.1 2 year old hypo het anery (second litter holdback)
0.1 2 year old Albino 100% het anery
0.1 2 year old anery ghost sibling (produced by Dayle Speckin)

1.0 5 year old screaming pastel proven
1.0 5 year old hypo proven twice
1.0 anery (necropsied after asymptomatic death)
1.0 2 year old albino 100% het anery
1.0 2 year old albino 66% het anery
1.0 2 year old ghost (holdback with black and pink tongue)
1.0 2 year old hypo het anery sib to ghost
1.0 2 year old screaming salmon (produced by Dayle Speckin)
4 unsexed hypo yearlings...........

I'm sure you all want to know why I destroyed my whole collection?? As a keeper and breeder, it was my responsibility to uphold the integrity of boa breeders, possibly lead by example the true nature of IBD and hopefully prevent another from going through what I did...........

You see gentlemen, I worked hard, practiced all quarantine procedures, researched and learned every possible bit of information available.......and my demise...an insect the size of a grain of salt. Did they come from feeder rodents, on my clothing from the many shows and educational event's that attended?? I will never know for sure, what I do know is that this issue is my "soap box" in the reptile world!!

And in case your wondering, all caging was destroyed!

It took me a while to even entertain keeping boids again and I didn't come to my decision lightly, so yes, I am starting over! Not only with my boas, but my life...I was asked for a divorce the day after the NARBC show in Anaheim.

I only buy from a very select few and after months of recovering emotionally from my events, my collection is small but cool none the less.

0.1 3 year old Sears line hog
1.1 yearling F1 hogg's from 27 year old original Tom Crutchfield wild caught imports
1.1 2 year old longicauda
1.1 yearling super light and no freckled pastel BCI
1.1 yearling fire belly Hondurans

Old 03-22-2006, 07:25 PM   #15
Mike Greathouse
Laura,
I'm so sorry - I had no idea.
Sorry for your loss. It had to be very difficult for you to put down such a group. You are to be commended for your actions. I respect your decision.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:00 PM   #16
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
Laura,
I'm so sorry - I had no idea.
Sorry for your loss. It had to be very difficult for you to put down such a group. You are to be commended for your actions. I respect your decision.
Thanx Mike.......I had a long discusion with my vet Dr. Tom Greek on the subject, and it's much more wide spread than anyone realizes.....hence my soap box!!

Old 03-22-2006, 08:56 PM   #17
BryonsBoas
Ok , heres my list

1.0 100% het Albino ( kahl )
1.0 Gee line Hypo
1.0 DH Ghost
1.0 Partial Laddertail
1.0 Orange CA
1.0 Normal
0.1 Col / Suri cross Laddertail
0.1 HUGE normal girl
2.2 Poss het Blood
0.1 Col Laddertail
1.0 Ronne Pastel 100% het Albino ( kahl )
1.0 Normal
0.2 Normals
0.1 100% het Anery

Thats it off the top of my head. Picking up a female kahl albino in June / July and waiting on Mike to whip out some more blacktails.

Old 03-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #18
Vinny D
my BCC's

right now i only keep locality BCC's i have
1.0 Pokigron, Suriname local (produced by gus at rio bravo reptiles)
0.1 Marajo island Guyana
0.1 Belknap suriname(produced by barry miller)

im not a big fan of designer BCI. i think the most beautiful boa is one that is naturaly pretty, no cross breedings or anything like that. i have many other snakes becides my trio of BCC, but their is no need to post them on here.here are pictures of my 2 females. the Belknap is on the newspapper, the pic was taken from the gut u got her from. i dont think newspapper is a good ("substrate") i will have pictures of my male soon..

Old 03-22-2006, 10:46 PM   #19
Vinny D
my female BCC's

sorry for some reason it wont let me post the same pictures i have already posted. i will try again later, or you can look up my previous posts and can find them their. the pokigron suri im getting is true eye candy. i cant wait to get his pic on here.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:21 AM   #20
crotalusadamanteus
Man, I feel so puny now. HA HA HA I have a mere 2 Boas...............For now that is. 1.0 Salmon Hypo, het for coral albino, (My future project male). He is now going on 10 months, 32 in. and 302 Gr this weekend. And 0.1 Albino, an F3 from Kahl. I have had her for 7 years now. She is a big girl. (really big right now ) And next month she should be having a litter of albinos from a Coral dad from Ihle. So I will hold back a couple of those for Myself.

Future goals................
0.1 Col. Anery het albino
0.1 Col. Arab het albino
1.0 Col. Motley (they are colombian right? I'll have to make sure first.)
1.0 Col. Striped (recessive type)

Use your imagination as to what I will be making with these. So many posibilities. LOL I do have a thing for the BCI Morphs. Particularly the albino forms. One day we will have a truly Leucistic Boa. I can't wait!

Rick

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!