Introducing BoaGenetics.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > New or Updated Websites and Web Resources

Notices

New or Updated Websites and Web Resources General notices about a new website or a newly found one worthy of note. You can introduce your new website here as well.

Old 05-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #11
primus diddy
One nit pick. Wouldn't orange tail and salmon hypo be dominant as opposed to co-dominant? You can tell super from non-super with co-dominant, unless I have it backwards. I couldn't find a contact page or anything.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #12
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by primus diddy
One nit pick. Wouldn't orange tail and salmon hypo be dominant as opposed to co-dominant? You can tell super from non-super with co-dominant, unless I have it backwards. I couldn't find a contact page or anything.
Mike,
This seems to be a point of contention between many people. I originally had the hypos listed as dominant, but I received a couple of good arguments for them being co-dominant.

This is one of those issues where I would like to invoke some discussion and see if we as a group can come to a logical conclusion.

Thanks for opening the door.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #13
crotalusadamanteus
I think it's a great idea. And i am willing to donate any picture I have to the cause. (Not that I have a lot of choices. LOL) I think the genetics specifically geared towards Boas is an excellent idea as well.
Way to go Mike, hope it all goes as planned.

On the hypo gene, I can't speak for the orange tails, because I have not looked into those much at all, but the salmon hypo is a dominant gene IMO. I used to think codominant, but I do not feel like you can pick a super from a litter by it's phenotype. They always say possible super.
For a gene to be codominant there would have to be a drastic difference. Literally a third possible phenotype. At least, this is what I seem to recall learning about codominance. One to ask would be Serpwidgets.

Good luck Mike,
Rick

Old 05-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #14
ldydrgn
We have a great head shot of our male Argentine... he's a beautiful black and white specimen. I *may* be able to get a nice full body shot of him if I can rig up something natural looking inside (can't take the snakes outside anymore... a neighbor was complaining, grr). There is an awesome pic of him as a baby, too... do you need any of these?

Old 05-11-2006, 08:42 PM   #15
Mike Greathouse
Michelle,
I can use everything.
I'm hoping to get to a point where I have to choose between photos for the best representative picture - but I'm nowhere near that point yet.
I very much appreciate every photo contribution.

Thank you.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #16
densnake1
Mike would you like to have the pics submitted or would you rather have a list of what people have, so you don't get overrun with pics. I love the idea because I need to learn allot more about the morphs and genetics.
Dennis Cook

Old 05-11-2006, 08:50 PM   #17
Mike Greathouse
Dennis,
Getting overrun is the least of my worries. Please send whatever you have to me at mike@reptiliandreams.com

I'm working on the php code for an upload page on the website which hopefully will be in place later tonight. I want to make submissions as easy as possible for the contributors.

I really appreciate every photo and piece of information that I receive.
I think this is a project that will benefit everyone.

Thanks,

Old 05-11-2006, 11:57 PM   #18
Mike Greathouse
The File Upload routine is now in place.
If you go to the "Submissions" page you will be able to upload directly to the server.

Thanks to everyone for their support on this project.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:56 AM   #19
hhmoore
Mike, it'll probably take me a bit of time to get some good shots, but I'll be sending some. Albino & hypomelanistic BCI, Hog Island, Caulker Cay, BC longicauda. For some reason, I think there is something else but I'm drawing a blank.

Do you want pictures of other boa types, as well? (ie. Dumerils, anacondas, ETB, ATB, etc)

Oh, one other question - I think most of the photos I currently have are watermarked (kbiherp)...would you prefer that I submit unmarked photos?

Old 05-12-2006, 08:02 AM   #20
Mike Greathouse
Harald,
Thank you. Yes, besides the Color Morph, Pattern Morph, and Locality Boas, I also want to include pictures for the entire "Species List" page. I would appreciate whatever you can send.

The File Uploader is now on the "Submissions" page which will let you send pictures and text directly to the server.

Thanks again for your help - This project is starting to come together and take shape.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!