Server move 08/26/2017! Followup on problems. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:36 PM   #21
James L
I've been getting the error page for a day now also. I went to the Facebook page and found I can access the site from there.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:24 PM   #22
DLenaRuth999s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
Cleared my cookies and went back for second, nothing different. Well, now I'm stuffed but the page is still the same.
Lol. At least you're maintaining your sense of humor.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:27 PM   #23
WebSlave
Sorry, been fighting with email gremlins ALL DAY LONG today.

But try this. See if it makes a difference if "www." is at the beginning of the URL or not. Try it both ways to see if one with or one without that prefix works.

I have had that sort of problem before after a server move.

BTW, anyone seeing that notice about the site being gone is still seeing my old server. So there is a problem with your ISP updating the DNS info on their servers.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:30 PM   #24
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalis View Post
Looks like the main url is having problems with Google Chrome, I tried with Safari and it did load in properly for me. It's unfortunate though since Chrome is my main browser. I have tried many times over the past 24 hours on Chrome but it will only work if I go through the forums url.
Well, I am using Google Chrome and not having any problems getting to either the home page or the forum page.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:46 PM   #25
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
Once I edit attachments on a post, I can't close that window with the "close this window" button at the bottom. I just close through chrome.
You made me , for real. Thanks for that, what type of cookies do you prefer ?

On a serious note, does anyone now have problems editing posts?

Old 08-29-2017, 12:08 AM   #26
WebSlave
Some members emailed me about a "security token missing" message they were getting so I passed that on to my server guys. They said they fixed it, so keep an eye out in case it still persists.

As for editing posts, this particular forum (Site Assistance & Feedback Forum) is one of the forums where editing and deleting by members is restricted. I really don't remember why I did that, but quite likely from some sort of abuse in the past that forced my hand.

Anyway, I think the email problems are all squared away now. At least I hope so. I SERIOUSLY thought my head was going to explode today.

Old 08-29-2017, 12:16 AM   #27
WebSlave
Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I asked the server guys to make the URL "www.faunaclassifieds.com" and "faunaclassifieds.com" functionally equivalent. I go through this with every server move I have ever done.

Hopefully the problems have at least been reduced a bit.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:37 AM   #28
Robert Walker
For what it is worth, once things came back online, I haven't had a single issue... all good over here.
Thanks Rich!

Old 08-29-2017, 07:14 AM   #29
Beyond GenetiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
For what it is worth, once things came back online, I haven't had a single issue... all good over here.
Thanks Rich!
Over there, that's it! It's an east coast problem. Or not.

It's all good Rich, this site with a couple kinks to work out, is still better than...

Old 08-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #30
DLenaRuth999s
Hey Rich, North East (NYS) is all good! It's those laidback southerners just taking their time to get on board. (Lol... half my family lives in Virginia)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!