Bad Guy Joe Schmidt – STOLE MY SNAKES - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:25 PM   #71
josephschmidt
yea it is the same male and i know what you are getting at.
so let me get to it... i bought this male for my personal collection and jumped on it because of price.i definatly dont need albino males. he is a very uncommon pale yellow classic albino.rare to find these days. if he was in top shape perfect condition any real hognose breeder would pay a fortune for a male albino like him. way more than 500 bucks. there is no way the animal would have left my house with out the buyer knowing his condition and special needs that would be sentencing him to death. i had friends and other hog breeders inquire about this snake and i made it very clear he needed extra tlc .im sure that is why joe r had him posted online for weeks. everyone who was interested in the snake knew the deal with him and was familiar with this situation.

i havent logged onto my fauna since 2008.
i dont play into the he said, she said, he did this,i didnt do that, why did you do this, garbage. im a private breeder reptile fanatic and a good honest guy ive never taken advantage of or ripped off a single person in my life. i only posted this because i heard it was on here. not because i wanted to bring it up argue or get back into it. i simply like i stated wrote this to bring clearity to the situation for those of you that have noticed something is cleary missing.

thanks to those who have taken the time to read all of this.
this is my last post regards,
joseph schmidt-good dude!!

Old 11-12-2010, 09:47 PM   #72
DRUSS
Update

Just an update.

I just wanted to confirm that yes Joe S. returned the albino male to me along with a normal female hatchling.

Also since the albino was out of my possession for so long and his health was in question, I took him to a qualified herp vet. They performed a full array of bloodwork tests and found nothing. They confirmed that he was 100% healthy.

I would like to thank everybody for their input into this and your concerns about the questionable health of the albino.

Another update to the albino…. He was recently sold to a local breeder in my area along with the rest of my hognose collection. I decided to focus on my ball python and Angolan collection.

Thank you everybody for your time… Good luck to everybody and your breeding projects this season…

Thank you,
Joe Russell

Old 11-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #73
lcchavez
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUSS View Post
Just an update.

I just wanted to confirm that yes Joe S. returned the albino male to me along with a normal female hatchling.

Also since the albino was out of my possession for so long and his health was in question, I took him to a qualified herp vet. They performed a full array of bloodwork tests and found nothing. They confirmed that he was 100% healthy.

I would like to thank everybody for their input into this and your concerns about the questionable health of the albino.

Another update to the albino…. He was recently sold to a local breeder in my area along with the rest of my hognose collection. I decided to focus on my ball python and Angolan collection.

Thank you everybody for your time… Good luck to everybody and your breeding projects this season…

Thank you,
Joe Russell
Which vet did you take him to? What tests were done? Can you post the document stating the albino is healthy? Weren't you the one that bought a normal dark male hognose for $100 and tried to sell it as an anery for $2000? Does the new owner know its not an anery?

Louie Chavez

Old 11-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #74
charleshanklin
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcchavez View Post
Which vet did you take him to? What tests were done? Can you post the document stating the albino is healthy? Weren't you the one that bought a normal dark male hognose for $100 and tried to sell it as an anery for $2000? Does the new owner know its not an anery?

Louie Chavez

I'm curious about the tests as well.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:22 PM   #75
Bobby Douglass
Quote:
Weren't you the one that bought a normal dark male hognose for $100 and tried to sell it as an anery for $2000? Does the new owner know its not an anery?

Louie Chavez
I don't know if it's true or not but he did answer this question already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUSS View Post
I still have the dark male. After talking with a few more knowledgeable breeders, we confirmed that it wasn't an anery, just a pretty "normal".

Old 11-12-2010, 11:30 PM   #76
lcchavez
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDD View Post
I don't know if it's true or not but he did answer this question already.
Definitely true! I inquired on it knowing where the snake came from. Here is my inquiry and emails on the ad:

Quote:
RE: Message about: Hognose Collection for Sale
To: lachavez9083@sbcglobal.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the interest, he has been sold.

Thank you,
Joe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Re: Message about: Hognose Collection for Sale
To: jreptiles4@hotmail.com
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 02:14:55 +0000

Is this the same snake in this ad?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=170532

Or

http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1795687,179568

If so, that's NOT a proven anery, however, I will give you $125 for it!

Let me know
Louie

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 19:39:32 -0400
To: <lachavez9083@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: RE: Message about: Hognose Collection for Sale

Hello,

I can sell him for $1400 shipped. I hate to move this breeder, but the wife says they have to go. He is actively breeding now.

Thank you,
Joe

> Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 14:42:48 -0500
> To: jreptiles4@hotmail.com
> Subject: Message about: Hognose Collection for Sale
> From: lachavez9083@sbcglobal.net
>
> *************
> NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
> NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised
> *************
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm interested in the male anery. What's the best you can do on the price?
>
> Thanks,
> Louie Chavez
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
> location window) the URL below to view the ad that
> this message is in response to.
>
> http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=770948&cat=6
>
We can see from this thread he was not actually sold. He was just caught!

Louie Chavez

Old 11-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #77
ssshane
Are there photos of sickly animals? I didn't see where this was asked by anyone. If I overlooked it< I apologize.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #78
Ameivaboy
I dont see how it matters, this issue has been resolved.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #79
ssshane
OOOps, Sorry Kevin! I guess it has been resolved on your terms.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #80
Alex G
Quote:
Definitely true! I inquired on it knowing where the snake came from. Here is my inquiry and emails on the ad:

We can see from this thread he was not actually sold. He was just caught!

Louie Chavez
You keep bringing this up but I fail to see how it's relevant at all, especially not in a resolved thread. All this proves is that at some point Joe didn't know how to properly identify a hognose morph, and that he tried to save face with a potential buyer by not saying "whoops nope nevermind that wasn't what I was selling, bye".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!