Bad Guy BEWARE- ANIMAL SPECAILTIES- chico california by Elizabeth Minton - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #11
Elizabeth Minton
i have a $600 bill to pay starting december... a rather manditory court bill and id rather feed and care for those animals and earn money to pay my bill than not have a job at all and go to jail.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #12
sally-dog
Wow... what a silly thread.
If you have bills to pay, like we all do, go out and look for another job instead of posting Bad Guy threads about your former employer on the BOI.
For the record, I did look at your other posts on here and a lot of them seem to go in the same direction. I'm sure you're a nice person, but doesn't that tell you something???

Old 11-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Minton View Post
i have a $600 bill to pay starting december... a rather manditory court bill and id rather feed and care for those animals and earn money to pay my bill than not have a job at all and go to jail.
Did they fire you because you would not work full time? Why not work for them full time if you have these expenses?

I'm not defending them, I don't have enough facts either way, but is it possible that what you saw were some nips and so on? Did you report what you saw to their vet or to the managers?

Old 11-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #14
JudyC
Quote:
Ahhh...ok. So the conditions of the animals were ok so long as YOU were making money there. But not good enough for them to make money without you?

Your story isn't really making much sense. If you need money and they wanted a full time person, why not work for them full time? Unless that whole ramble about being "laid off" because they wanted a full time employee even though the ad said "part time" was BS...and you were let go because you simply couldn't do the job? Or tried to pad your hours? Or....???

I have no idea if what you say about the conditions of the business being so bad is true or not. But you're not giving anyone a reason to believe it...and more and more it sounds like sour grapes rather than a legitimate complaint.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #15
deborahbroadus
I would think that with all the free animals she was "trolling" for: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=180634

Advertising for a job: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=176948

Plans to breed BPs and go to college:
Quote:
05-07-2010 10:36 PMElizabeth Minton i dont deserve it. im going to college and trying to invest in morphs for a breeding program in 3+ years. with my income its not easy and college isnt cheap
That she would WANT to work full time..but ahh, what do I know these days.

Regardless, she's put out too many contradictory posts for me to put much stock in this thread without some evidence.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #16
zzzdanz
She may already have a full time job and took on this 1 as a part time gig..who knows or cares.No evidence to back these claims(,though I'm sure there are plenty of places out there with these type of conditions) makes it pretty useless.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #17
Elizabeth Minton
i couldnt work full time because i am going to college for vet schooling. i do not have time for 8 hours every 6-7 days. i did as many hours as i could. i didnt even have time to shower after work. i had school right after my shift ended. i was actually pushing my hours. i dont care what you gues think. i was just trying to inform people of the conditions of the animals i worked with for 2 weeks. i was not fired... i was laid off wich is alot better, i was doing my job well wich included feeding, watering, and scooping cages... pretty easy a retard could do that so dont try to say i wasnt doing it right. the boss told me that they decided my schedule wouldnt work for them and that they were starting to hire full time workers (non college students) and did not have any room for my schedule. i was working there with plans to earn money while looking for another job. it isnt easy to find jobs in my town so when you get a place you stay with it for as long as you can

Old 11-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #18
deborahbroadus
Quote:
i couldnt work full time because i am going to college for vet schooling. i do not have time for 8 hours every 6-7 days. i did as many hours as i could. i didnt even have time to shower after work. i had school right after my shift ended. i was actually pushing my hours. i dont care what you gues think. i was just trying to inform people of the conditions of the animals i worked with for 2 weeks. i was not fired... i was laid off wich is alot better, i was doing my job well wich included feeding, watering, and scooping cages... pretty easy a retard could do that so dont try to say i wasnt doing it right. the boss told me that they decided my schedule wouldnt work for them and that they were starting to hire full time workers (non college students) and did not have any room for my schedule. i was working there with plans to earn money while looking for another job. it isnt easy to find jobs in my town so when you get a place you stay with it for as long as you can
Wow..that's wonderful, I have a lot of respect for people that try and make it though college, could you post a transcript? You don't have to of course, but if one part of your story was correct, it may make some of the rest of it more believeable.

Regardless, it doesn't look good that you seemed to be willing to "overlook" conditions as long as you had a job (note how long you worked before being laid off), but the moment you were laid off, you "tattled."

Some of us do take BOI posts seriously, and others just want to be able to post something.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #19
Elizabeth Minton
i will post my college class schedule. i wasnt trying to overlook them. i was working to earn a little money to pay of my $600 fine starting december. when i applied all they had me do was submit a resume. i thought it was gonna be an amazing place... i was wrong. i have been looking for another job since day 1 and i had only worked 4 days so it would be different if i had worked say 1 year with animals in that condition. i will try to post my schedule now

Old 11-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #20
Lucille
Quote:
i was not fired... i was laid off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Minton
i went in for work but they fired me yesterday
Which is it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!