Bad Guy DTS Herps - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #31
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
Okay....I know most folks have a problem with Dan Scolaro here. But I have stated a few times that everyone of the snakes I have recieved from Dan were perfect in everyway and are still thriving to this day.
Steve has a hard on for Dan, as many others do.
This "newbie' Andrew Billings, is now "snake-bit" because of posts from Alicia, Steve, etc. However, I would wager that Steve, Alicia, NEVER bought a snake from Dan, and are only going by previous posts from people that have bought snakes from dan and have had un-happy experiences from him.

Sorry, I get tired of people "ganging" up on folks on the BOI that NEVER bought an animal from the person in question.
As stated, my experiences with Dan have been positive.

Randal Berry
Uh... isnt it the point of the BOI that im able to take the facts presented, and form my opinion based upon that? Am i unable to make my opinion based upon dans childish antics on the BOI as well?

Shut it.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:45 PM   #32
Double LY
Quote:
This "newbie' Andrew Billings, is now "snake-bit" because of posts from Alicia, Steve, etc.
The guy just registered and made his first post. Unless Alicia and Steve are soliciting bad guy posts out there on the interwebs, how in the heck could he have been influenced by them?

Quote:
Sorry, I get tired of people "ganging" up on folks on the BOI that NEVER bought an animal from the person in question.
And I get tired of seeing poor suckers who have never heard of the BOI get taken for a ride by the same scumbags over and over again.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #33
lanceheads
Uh... isnt it the point of the BOI that im able to take the facts presented, and form my opinion based upon that? Am i unable to make my opinion based upon dans childish antics on the BOI as well?

No.
The point is, re-read my post.
YOU haven't HAD a BAD experience with Dan Scolaro.
THAT, my dear, was MY point.
So, unless YOU have HAD a bad experience with Dan Scolaro, might I suggest, you shut your pie-hole.

Love ya,
Randal

Old 10-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #34
MDC_Ophiuchus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post

As for Dan posting, he should just copy and paste his responses from the last threads about him, I'm sure they won't deviate much!
Lets see...just throw in some recycled phrases like:

"...thousands of transactions without a single legitimate complaint..."

"...I won't stand for your blither..."

...and insert some immature, childish retort about one's heritage, sexual preference, and/or probable future.

I'm sorry...I couldn't resist.

And to the OP, I, too am sorry you had the displeasure of dealing with DTS Herps. Hopefully, the BOI will be a helpful asset in the future when inquiring about future dealers to buy from.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:22 PM   #35
lanceheads
Alicia and all,
I apologize to you for my remark.
I sometimes let my emotions cloud my judgement/typing.
Again, I apologize.

Randal Berry

Old 10-06-2008, 11:27 PM   #36
SPJ
This is what Dan wrote to the OP about the snake dying.
Quote:
I have seen that happen before with other snakes that ate while in shed. Their body freaks at the bloat and they cannot get their skin off and they stress internally and die. It happens rarely, but does happen and I have done it myself a few times to snakes.
This was my reply about that line of BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
Wow, I must be really lucky.
I have fed a lot of snakes over the years while they were in shed. Thankfully none got stuck in their skin and died on me.
I better stop feeding these guys when they are anywhere near going into shed. I don't want to experience the scenario Dan speaks of.
How in the world do you think I have a hard on for him just because I posted a reply making fun of the idiotic reply he sent the OP as the reason the snake died?

You are correct that I have never bought anything from Dan and based on his track record, I would never buy an animal from him.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 PM   #37
SPJ
Last time it was because the snakes strangled each other in transit and died so it wasn't his fault.
This time he says the buyer fed a snake in shed and it died so it wasn't his fault.
Dan always seems to have a reason why it's not his fault the animals he sells die.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:39 PM   #38
Seamus Haley
Randal, you aren't alone in having has positive experiences with Dan as a dealer. A few extremely credible sources have noted that their transactions went smoothly.

Some of the schism is likely centered around the impression you give- intentional or not- that Dan's successful problem free transactions are a suitable defense for the minority where something has gone poorly and his responses under negative circumstances.

When something goes wrong, he has displayed a history of putting the thumbscrews to his customer, rather than making things right. Dealers do deserve to be protected from scams and loss just as much as their customers do, however the tone and details of some of Dan's negative transactions shows a pattern of not differentiating between the times when he should make a judgement call in favor of himself and the times when he should logically come to a decision that treats the people who paid him fairly.

He also has come forward several times to defend his practices or accuse his customers of misconduct with some of the most inane, untrue, unreasonable fairy-tale type accusations I have ever seen. Either he doesn't actually understand why some things he has said are incorrect, which makes his value as a supplier questionable... or he knows that they're bunk and throws them out as a defense anyway, which makes his grasp of ethics questionable.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 PM   #39
Seamus Haley
And to add- it's reasonable for people who remember the past problems and threads to link them together for anyone reading the new thread. That way anyone entirely new to the guy can see everything and not just the most recent- positive or negative and judge him from an informed position.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 PM   #40
The BoidSmith
Pssst!

(whispering) Anyone told Dan about this thread?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!