Chinese coronavirus - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 01-17-2020, 03:27 PM   #1
Lucille
Chinese coronavirus

To me, it is always somewhat disconcerting when people in one area become ill, I always think of accidental contamination by bio warfare products. In any case, I pray for all those affected, and for us as well. From the NYT: Airports in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles will begin screening passengers arriving from Wuhan, China, for infection with a mysterious respiratory virus that has killed two people and sickened at least 45 overseas, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced on Friday.
Most people with the disease are believed to have contracted it from exposure to animals at a market that sells seafood and meat in Wuhan, and it is not certain that the virus spreads from person to person. But a few cases have not been linked to animals, and researchers say some human-to-human transmission may be possible, so precautions are necessary.

Old 01-17-2020, 04:33 PM   #2
WebSlave
Yeah, been reading about this. Reason it caught my eye is because some of Connie's family in Delaware are real sick with flu-like symptoms that just won't go away. And apparently a friend of Connie's in Maryland is having the same symptoms.

Wash your hands frequently, and keep your hands away from your face! We carry antiseptic wipes in all of our vehicles and whenever we get back in the vehicle from where ever we were going we wash our hands thoroughly.

We are already taking immune system boosters, but still, it's a good idea to assume that anything you touch out in the public might have been touched by someone who just sneezed into their hands just prior to touching it.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:29 PM   #3
WebSlave
Interesting... Just reading this article -> https://www.foxnews.com/health/yosem...ases-confirmed

And down in the "conversation" section, I see this comment:

Quote:
BADGUY10

Our entire family is down with something similar....and we live a 1,000 miles away. As they say: "SOMETHING....is going around". The Emergency Room doctor in the family said they are being flooded with cases.

Old 01-17-2020, 07:41 PM   #4
WebSlave
USA is taking precautions, it seems...

CDC Will Screen for New Virus from China at Three Airports

Old 01-17-2020, 11:19 PM   #5
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
USA is taking precautions, it seems...

CDC Will Screen for New Virus from China at Three Airports
I'm no virologist, but I wonder about false negatives on the airport screenings. What if someone was exposed, but is still in the incubation period, and asymptomatic?

Old 01-18-2020, 01:18 AM   #6
WebSlave
This is a book that I read quite a long time ago -> The Coming Plague

It is quite an eye opener, even as old as it is. Quite honestly, I'm actually surprised that humanity hasn't had a full blown pandemic recently. The cards seem to be stacked against us with more an more pathogens getting to be drug resistant, drug companies ceasing research into new drugs because of the hurdles that are in place via regulations, and humanity as a whole being much more mobile giving a virulent contagious organism just about everything in it's favor.

Quite honestly, I think I would much rather see humanity succumb to a nuclear holocaust rather than having to watch myself and everyone else around me die a slow agonizing death from some pathogen that causes death by drowning in your own bodily fluids.

Heck, I am amazed that malaria hasn't made a strong comeback into the southeastern USA yet. I think about that every time I smack a mosquito sucking the blood out of my arm.

Just a matter of time, I guess.

Old 01-20-2020, 08:30 PM   #7
WebSlave
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/ch...1/20/id/950549

Ah, and in the text of the above there is mention of an "ongoing Ebola outbreak in Congo". Doesn't that just make you feel are warm and fuzzy inside?

Old 01-20-2020, 10:16 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
warm and fuzzy inside?
Warm and fuzzy is the fungal domaine and I hear that there is serious problems with fungal contamination in many hospitals now. Honestly I would have to be near dying to agree to hospitalization at this point, what with all the serious infections found there.

Old 01-21-2020, 12:40 AM   #9
WebSlave
Yeah, with the number of drug resistant bugs floating around and hospitals naturally being the places that sick people tend to congregate, I wouldn't take going to the hospital lightly. Last time I did that was when I had appendicitis. And I really didn't have much choice then.

Heck, I feel like I have a slight ear wax impaction in my left ear, but with as much flu going around as there is now, no way in hell I'm going any where near a doctor's office quite yet. I'm actually considering cancelling my yearly dental exam next week. Not feeling real keen about having people putting their fingers in my mouth.

Old 01-21-2020, 02:22 PM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
To me, it is always somewhat disconcerting when people in one area become ill, I always think of accidental contamination by bio warfare products. In any case, I pray for all those affected, and for us as well. From the NYT: Airports in New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles will begin screening passengers arriving from Wuhan, China, for infection with a mysterious respiratory virus that has killed two people and sickened at least 45 overseas, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced on Friday.
Most people with the disease are believed to have contracted it from exposure to animals at a market that sells seafood and meat in Wuhan, and it is not certain that the virus spreads from person to person. But a few cases have not been linked to animals, and researchers say some human-to-human transmission may be possible, so precautions are necessary.
It has already travelled to Washington State where my son now lives.