spider head wobble - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 09:22 PM   #1
reptilenut69
spider head wobble

I have a few spiders and I notice my male about a year and a half old has wobble even when he goes after food seems kinda off like has some problems. does the wobble get worse with age? my females are good no problems with them.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
snakesRkewl
My male went almost 10 months without wobbling or corkscrewing and gradually over the next year and a half he has turned into a train wreck.
He didn't have so much as a head shake till around 9 months old and as the months went by he got worse and worse.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:49 AM   #3
reptilenut69
thanks. man that sucks, don't think I'm going to breed this guy then. shame had nice look to him.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:23 AM   #4
snakesRkewl
I'm not breeding this guy wither, really don't have anything I would put him to anyways so he's just a pet and knows he's spoiled :P

Old 04-06-2011, 06:51 AM   #5
GreenCountryHerp
Pretty much all spiders have some form of wobble or spinning. Some are much worse than others, it doesn't really seem to affect them health wise. There are some out there that don't seem to have those issues but they still pass it on to offspring from what I have read. Most hatchlings start out without the wobbling and develop it as they get older, once they do develop a wobble it seems to stay about the same as they age.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 AM   #6
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencountryreps View Post
Pretty much all spiders have some form of wobble or spinning. Some are much worse than others, it doesn't really seem to affect them health wise. There are some out there that don't seem to have those issues but they still pass it on to offspring from what I have read. Most hatchlings start out without the wobbling and develop it as they get older, once they do develop a wobble it seems to stay about the same as they age.

I have one Spider left and he has what I call a minimal wobble. Spiders make some fantastic looking combos but personally I don't think I'll be working much with the Spider gene because I don't want to deal with wobbly head issues.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
greg19
I guess we got lucky,our spider female has very little wobble.She will turn upside down when she is being held,and when she goes for food she has more of a wobble when she hits but it does'nt seem to bother her she right on target.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
snakesRkewl
I've also got the two spider combo's here, a large female bumblebee and a 1400 gram female spider yellowbelly and neither of them corkscrew at all and only the spiderbelly gives me that awkward tilted head smile.
As much as I'm not a huge spider fan my partner is so I go there, lol.

Spider yellowbelly clowns should be smokin as should bumblebelly clowns

Old 04-06-2011, 08:17 PM   #9
greg19
I do agree,smoken

Old 04-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #10
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by greencountryreps View Post
I hear a lot of spiders get a lot worse when they hit breeding age.. I had a spider male, at 2 years old, he never had a noticeable wobble.. he sired a couple clutches, and of those, only a couple of the babies had any noticeable wobble, and they were both very mild..

but.. I decided to avoid spider and spider mixes all together.. which is a shame, because spiders are quite lovely.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!