Chinese coronavirus - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 01-28-2020, 12:13 PM   #51
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Virii aren't airborn in and of themselves. They travel via vapor droplets, dust particles, etc. and the masks can filter those.

You can also pick them up by touching a contaminated surface and then touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. A mask will help prevent that contact.
Absolutely. But don't forget your eyes. They are another conduit that a virus can use to infect you. Whenever you are out in public areas, pretend that you just cleaned up the messiest snake cage you have ever seen in your life, and your hands are covered with fecal material. Everything you touch will be contaminated until you wash your hands.

Heck, I'm thinking back that I got a package delivered around 15 days ago that came directly from China. I guess I passed through the test period as to whether that package had something unwanted on it. I didn't know all about this stuff then. Now, well, I'm not ordering anything that even might be coming from China. Nope...

Old 01-28-2020, 12:48 PM   #52
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Now, well, I'm not ordering anything that even might be coming from China. Nope...
The carriers do not segregate packages, your neighbor's box of stuff from China will be sitting right on top of your box of stuff from Iowa in the delivery truck...

Old 01-28-2020, 03:03 PM   #53
bcr229
Follow these guidelines from the World Health Organization to stay safe!
Attached Images

Old 01-28-2020, 04:44 PM   #54
WebSlave
Quote:

But dead animals will be OK?

Old 01-28-2020, 05:03 PM   #55
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
The carriers do not segregate packages, your neighbor's box of stuff from China will be sitting right on top of your box of stuff from Iowa in the delivery truck...
Yeah, you have a valid point there. I guess a lot depends on how long this virus can remain viable outside of a host. But still maybe I need to wear gloves opening up packages from anywhere for a while. If there is something I need to order in the near future that just can't wait.

Just yesterday I made a stop in at Harbor Freight and bought four more packs of their rubber gloves. I use them a lot around here anyway when I am working on the vehicles, doing painting, cleaning guns, etc. I believe I also have a box or two of face masks, and if I can find them some genuine Israeli gas masks with canister filters.

I wish the gloves were a more skin color rather than blue, because Connie and I just might start wearing them if we have to go out for something urgent.

We started stocking up on hurricane supplies early this year.

Old 01-28-2020, 05:51 PM   #56
Lucille
Quote:
I keep on checking Snopes, I just don't think WHO wrote this......I'm sure SNL will have to mention it next Saturday though.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:07 PM   #57
JColt
Quote:
Well that shoots the weekend all to hell.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:44 AM   #59
WebSlave
Wuhan Coronavirus Map

Sort of an interactive map that is supposed to be updated every few minutes to show state of actual and suspected infections.

Old 01-29-2020, 07:54 AM   #60
E.Shell
My earlier (conspiracy theory) post suggesting this is man-made seems to be getting proven out. There are 'middle segment' aberrations in the genome structure that are not part of the natural evolution:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!