Chinese coronavirus - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 01-29-2020, 08:11 AM   #61
Lucille
Crying wolf: Some ladies I chat with online are saying that the whole thing is a media circus which of course it is, the media often dramatizes matters of concern, it is just the way they are. I'm concerned though that people may use that to discount the possibility that this may be a very real danger.

Old 01-29-2020, 02:40 PM   #62
WebSlave
I believe it may be significant to note that the central Chinese government has relocated to a bunker on an isolated island. At least that is the rumor I read last night.

The Chinese tend to be very tight lipped about things going on in their country, it seems. Particularly if it exposes them to negative press or embarrassment.

The question is, would they have done that if this new coronavirus is just another garden variety flu?

Maybe I am somewhat the paranoid type, so I'm taking this seriously. Taking extra precautions for the next several weeks wouldn't be out of line, IMHO.

If something as severe as the Spanish Flu of 1918 would take place today, well, it probably would be an event to remember. For those who survived, anyway.

https://www.history.com/topics/world...8-flu-pandemic

Old 01-29-2020, 05:26 PM   #63
Lucille
Those who will survive are thinking through precautions now, not waiting until they go to Walmart for emergency supplies and complain there are no checkers because the checkers are all dead. When I think of everyday occupations that would be very high risk, being a checker is near the top. As are school employees, bank tellers, fast food workers.

I remember at one of the schools I worked in, when I first arrived the people who cleaned the classrooms in the evenings didn't wear gloves, and most of the time they would empty out the classroom trash cans and reuse the same bag. They did that in the clinic too. They would reach in with their bare hands to get any pieces that stuck and didn't empty out.
Most did not speak English either. So I got the bilingual secretary to help, and told them, didn't force them, and offered boxes of gloves. I'm happy to say that they all started using gloves, and at my request I got new trash bags in the clinic every day.

My point is that much of what people do daily is not done with contamination in mind. The closer and more critical the danger, the more people will have to really think through their daily activities. No schools, banks, McDonald's, Walmart.

Old 01-29-2020, 07:51 PM   #64
WebSlave
Another interesting visual aid:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Old 01-30-2020, 10:17 PM   #65
Lucille
Closing the barn door after the horse has gone.
NYT:

The U.S. issued a "do not travel" to China advisory, its strongest warning reserved for the most dangerous situations, over the coronavirus outbreak.
Thursday, January 30, 2020 9:24 PM EST
The warning came as deaths from the virus climbed over 200 and nearly 10,000 cases were confirmed worldwide.

Old 01-31-2020, 01:10 PM   #66
WebSlave
I've been following a very active thread on a site I visit infrequently about this issue, but I just can't keep up with it. I am a day behind, at least. Something like 40 PAGES of new posts every day.

On the bright side, it's a good lesson for me to be learning about the irritation that a lot of off topic posting can cause.

Old 02-01-2020, 02:31 AM   #67
WebSlave
I read a rumor that Facebook is deleting stuff on this coronavirus.

Of course, the site I read this on IS a conspiracy forum, and I just don't go to Facebook myself to try to verify it.

I just can't come up with a good reason why Facebook would do that, if true.

Old 02-01-2020, 05:13 AM   #68
E.Shell
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
....I just can't come up with a good reason why Facebook would do that, if true.
They don't need a reason that makes sense to us. FB has its own editing standards to keep their narrative dominant. They are no different than 'mainstream media' in this regard and there are many things you cannot discuss without having your account censored in some way. See 'shadow banning', etc..

I am seeing more and more about this being an engineered virus that has escaped the local facility.

Old 02-01-2020, 07:39 AM   #69
Lucille
I am starting to get pissed off at those who whistle in the dark saying that everyone who shows concern is over reacting. We still don't know exactly what we are dealing with.

The engineered virus theory is scary. For one thing, anyone with a properly outfitted lab and a bunch of bio geeks can become incredibly wealthy by deliberately releasing a virus to which only they have the vaccine, and there is nothing to prevent serial releases of different viruses where one has to purchase different vaccines each time there is a release.
Sounds like science fiction, yes, but bio weapons exist now, and there are plenty of wealthy entrepreneurs.

Old 02-01-2020, 09:59 AM   #70
E.Shell
More discussion regarding the apparently manufactured nature of the virus:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1...01.30.927871v1
Quote:
We found 4 insertions in the spike glycoprotein (S) which are unique to the 2019-nCoV and are not present in other coronaviruses. Importantly, amino acid residues in all the 4 inserts have identity or similarity to those in the HIV-1 gp120 or HIV-1 Gag.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!