Tats - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 10-22-2005, 06:17 AM   #1
Lucille
Tats

In a recent poll, where I asked about what a reptile keeper OUGHT to look like, quite a few people selected the option that said 'tattoos'.

I have a small, pretty tat of a rose on my left wrist, which fits under my watch when I am at work or at professional meetings.

How about y'all? Who has tats? Pix are permitted and encouraged...

Old 10-22-2005, 08:51 AM   #2
Cat_72
I posted a pic of my "favorite" tat on the "what do y'all look like" thread...a Pegasus flying across my left shoulder. I also have a small cross on my right ankle.....and plan on getting one more, across my lower back...3 lavender roses growing entwined, one rose to represent each of my kids and hubby, and the lavender roses in honor of my Dad, who had the most beautiful rose garden I have ever seen before he passed away. His pride was growing one of the very first true lavender roses, and it WAS breathtakingly beautiful. I was the only family member who shared his love of the actual gardening, and we spent hours out there, just the 2 of us, when I was a young girl. Treasured memories.

For me, all of my tats are (and will be) symbolic in some way, yet I have seen some very beautiful tats that are simply works of art. My mom was HORRIFIED when I first told her I had gotten one......but when she saw it, she thought it was beautiful, lol. Society is changing the way they view people with tats, I think....they are becoming recognised more for the works of art they can be as opposed to things that only BAD people and bikers (like, you know, those scary people who keep snakes and stuff, lol!) have.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:24 AM   #3
ms_terese
I have never had any inclination whatsoever to have a tattoo. They're too permanent for me! My oldest daughter has several, and in just the few short years that she's had them, has regrets over certain ones.

If I ever get the urge, I think I'll go the henna route so I can wash it off later

Old 10-22-2005, 09:39 AM   #4
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
I have never had any inclination whatsoever to have a tattoo. They're too permanent for me! My oldest daughter has several, and in just the few short years that she's had them, has regrets over certain ones.
This is way too often the case, and is also why I have none. Of course, my mother telling me over and over that I would regret them may have had something to do with it also.

I will share an anecdote. When I was in medicine I had a patient who had the name "Bob" tattoed on her left breast in a drunken haze when she was 18 or 19 years old. Of course, 15 years later, Bob was now just a hazy memory...except for the tattoo that stared her husband (NOT named Bob) in the face whenever they made love. They didn't have enough money to have it removed at the time though perhaps that has changed.

Old 10-22-2005, 09:56 AM   #5
Cat_72
Exactly the reason I would not have anyone's name tattooed on my body.....with the exception perhaps of my children's.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:15 PM   #6
shrap
No tats here, although I often considered getting them when I was younger. The thought of what I think is cool today may not be what I think is cool in 5 years is what always kept me from doing it. That and the few times that I almost did go through with it, the price tag was always enough to finally convince me to not do it. Always had more important things to spend that money on..... like beer and babes.

Then I became a parent, beer and babes were replaced by diapers and formula....

Old 10-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #7
KelliH
I've got two, a multicolored peace sign and a yin yang on each lower calf. I was 19 when I got the yin yang and 23 when I got the peace sign.

I am preparing to have a fairly large chest piece done now.

I think most tattoos are beautiful, some more appealing to the eye than others, but all beautiful because they represent something important to the person that has them.

Sort of unrelated but I also have 0 gauge lobe piercings. Here's a pic.
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2005, 02:05 PM   #8
South Dixie Dragons
I don't have anyone's name tattooed on me, but the words" Slippery When Wet" are tattooed on the inside of my thigh.....

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
No Tattoos here.

Old 10-22-2005, 02:17 PM   #9
ms_terese
Quote:
the words" Slippery When Wet" are tattooed on the inside of my thigh.....
Now THAT'S funny!

Quote:
The thought of what I think is cool today may not be what I think is cool in 5 years is what always kept me from doing it.
That's the mistake that my daughter made. She's now regretting the first impression that she makes on co-workers, neighbors, and especially the parents of her daughter's pre-school friends. It's not that she isn't the same sweet girl she would be without her body art, but she realizes that the impression she gives off initially isn't what she's about anymore.

Old 10-22-2005, 03:37 PM   #10
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Dixie Dragons
I don't have anyone's name tattooed on me, but the words" Slippery When Wet" are tattooed on the inside of my thigh.....
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
No Tattoos here.
I'm going to assume that was nothing more than a reference to the Bon Jovi album of the same name, huh?

The only tats I don't like are the ones that are all gore and mayhem....USUALLY worn by guys who got them for no other reason than a sad attempt to make themselves look "tough" or something. My tats all mean something to me......and I thought about each one of them for years before getting them. And they are in places where I can either show them off or cover them.

I do think the many of the most beautiful tats I have seen have been in tribute to a loved one lost....I've seen portraits so well done they almost look real, all done on skin. Truly awesome.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!