Aquarium chillers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:53 AM   #1
KatieV57
Aquarium chillers

Looking for decent priced aquarium chiller for a 55 gal. tank. nothing massive but good enough to get the job done. Thank you!

Old 06-16-2015, 08:56 AM   #2
Casey Hulse
I would shop E bay, then try Amazon.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:59 AM   #3
yeloowtang
You will have to factor in the room temperature and the amount of circulation pumps in the tank !!! if you have a big sump, that is important to know too.

I had a 1/10th HP for a 92g and a 30g sump and it did the job just great.. but my tank was in the second living downstairs where it's cooler, i have central air for the summer.
my light fixture was metal halides but was well ventilated..

i know i'm not giving a specific brand to ge with, there's a few good ones out there and the price ranges from cheap to extremely expensive for the same size..

choosing the right size is important, if you can buy and fit a bigger chiller. this is the best.. the bigger it is 1/5 or 1/3 hp the less it has to work to cool things down, and that in return will give your chiller a longer life span..

holp this help a little

Old 06-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #4
Casey Hulse
Get on Amazon, and check user reviews comments etc. they are usually very helpful in determining the best one for you.
Also, welcome to fauna,
a moderator will probably move this threat to the proper forum.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:59 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
I moved this to a discussion forum as it did not belong on the BOI. If you are trying to BUY one, please use the classifieds and post a wanted ad, it's free to do so.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!