New Home - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
96dak
New Home

well, for the last week or 2 my beardie has been acting a little funny, not eating right, seems a little stressed, stools are normal though, all tank conditions were normal. then it hit me, "my god this tank is small". so i went out and bought him a condo compared to his one bedroom apartment he was in.

so heres the current state of his old tank

and the condo,

and the little guy with the big attitude who my daughter called scooter,

and dinner

so far he seems to like it, its a 40gal tank, all i could afford to get at the time, so ill see if this makes him happy. if not its off to the vet.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
Dragon Cocktails
It looks good.... But if you are going to use sand you should change it to "Play Sand"

Old 04-14-2008, 09:33 AM   #3
Beardiepal
I agree with Dragon Cocktails...play sand is probably the best if you want to use sand. I personally use tile in some, and newspapers in the others...I would put tile in all of mine...I just have to find the time & get motivated. Your dragon Scooter looks good and seems to be quite a happy dragon....Take good care, Beth

Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #4
Beardiepal
Feeding

Hey there, I also noticed lettuce I think in Scooter's feed bowl. I may be mistaken. Get Scooter some turnip, collard, and mustard greens, BN squash, yellow summer squash, fresh green beans, sweet potato, and parsnips. I hope this helps. Mix up a salad of the various greens, and a couple of the veggies every day. B

Old 04-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
96dak
regarding the sand, i had to set it up fast and get him moved. that was the quickest option. i checked and no places carry washed playsand in my area. and the lettuce, the horn worms were munching on it. scooter has never been big on greens for some reason even when i offer a variety daily.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #6
Beardiepal
Feeding

I understand about the sand. Its ok and everyone's preference. I would continue to offer the greens every day because when beardies approach adulthood then they need only 20% live prey and 80% greens. As adults, too much live prey can cause liver & kidney damage. Not to mention obesity. Take good care, Beth

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!