visionariums - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 11-12-2004, 11:12 PM   #1
sschind
visionariums

Has anybody tried the new visionariums by vision cages. They look pretty nice and the price doesn't seem too bad. I am actually considering a full pallet to redo my store. I like the sliding front. I did order a single one to check it out but I thought I would see if anyone else had any experience with them.

Steve Schindler

Old 11-25-2004, 08:28 PM   #2
E2MacPets
Steve, have you recieved the visionarium yet? If so, could you please give us a review.

It looks like these are not designed with lizards in mind, it seems impossible to use any type of heat generating lightbulb.

My only other concern is the vented corners, it looks like they are good hiding spots for crickets

Old 12-03-2004, 04:37 AM   #3
MGReptiles
I was thinking the same thing about the crix..They look nice but not very functional...

Old 01-30-2005, 02:28 AM   #4
BrianB
I've also ordered one to check out. I'm thinking of housing my male ball python in it, and perhaps making a stack of these for my leos and other odds and ends such as my hermit crabs and milksnake. Will certainly save me a ton of space over standard 20L aquariums. I'll report back when I get mine.

Old 02-04-2005, 07:49 PM   #5
Karmic
What about those vented corners? Are the vents large enough for crickets or roaches to escape?

Old 02-11-2005, 04:28 AM   #6
BrianB
Well, I got my Visionarium yesterday but didn't get around to assembling (or unboxing it) today. I'll have it set up Saturday probably, and post again. Anyone else get theres yet?

Old 03-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #7
E2MacPets
any updates?

Old 03-13-2005, 10:10 AM   #8
sschind
Sorry about that, I had completely forgotten that I had started the thread Anyway, I did get the visionarium. Assembly was very easy. I didn't even need the directions. It is not very practical for very small lizards. I gave it to one of my employees so I can't say exactly how big the gaps are, nut small crickets would get through the vents and the gap between the sliding doors. It might work OK for larger geckos that take larger crickets though. I spoke with a rep and they said they were working on the door thing. It might be possible to modify it with some aluminum window screen but then you might as well build your own cages. Also, there is no litter dam to speak of just about a 3/4" depression so anyone using a substrate would likely have problems with fallout when the doors were opened. I was informed they were working onthat also. As far a the heat and lights, there is not room for both types of fixtures. If you need UVB and overhead heat you are SOL. If you do not need uvb and can get by with say 50 Watts of heat you could use a 24" Incandescent fixture with two max rated 25 watt bulbs. I don't know the dimensions of the fixture such as the reptile Bi lights from esu but I don't think they would fit. They seem to be designed with the All glass aqaurium type fixture in mind. Even if the Bi lights would fit I would be worried that any higher wattage bulb might melt the plastic bottom of the upper cage.

I decided to give it a pass. It might be nice for a snake with an UT heater, about the only problem I could see then would be the fallout problem. It's a nice idea but it needs a bit of tweaking. The unit looks good and I could see how a stack of them, would look very nice but there are too many downsides to be practical in my opinion. If they solve the litter dam problem and come out with te 40 breeder size I may consider them for my personal collection of small colubrids. Then again I might just look for one MFG that offers everything just to keep things uniform.

Steve

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!