Misting Systems - Whatcha think? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 01-29-2003, 11:13 PM   #1
Sexy Scales
Misting Systems - Whatcha think?

I've been nosing around several of the herp supplies websites and there seems to be quite a price difference in automatic misting systems... Anyone use any of these? What do you see as the pros and cons of each (it's great, but...) and was it worth the money? Thanks for any info on this guys!!

Erin

Old 02-02-2003, 09:07 PM   #2
ChadOsborne
MIsting

The best and cheapest misting system I've seen is the BARRS.
$15 for The kit(enough stuff for 3 cages)
$25 Glimor timer(Lowes)
$10 Pump-up garden spayer (Lowes)

I've been use'n this system for 6 years with out a problem. Check out BARRS.com

Old 02-05-2003, 07:13 PM   #3
Clownfishy
to be honest the best thing i found is hummidifer (the ultrasonic kind). It fills my 100 gallon tank with a thick fog in minutes. I leave it on for 3 minutes at a time, and it works way better then any misters i've tried. Buying the hummifier and moding it to my tank cost me a whole 40 bucks. There is lots of info around on the web about it. Email me if u need more info.

Old 09-14-2004, 06:49 PM   #4
D-bomb
Hey Clownfishy,

Are you using that on snakes or on some other type of reptile? Cause I was thinking about using one of these things but some of my snakes like to drink water off of their coils and I didn't know if this fog would accumulate enough water condesation for that to happen. But as far as raising humidity, you said it does a good job?

Thanks,

Rafael

Old 11-06-2004, 03:34 PM   #5
blm304
mist system

forget the cheap system, check out the (pro mist system) easy to work with, pump can run dry with out locking up, very fine mist ,check it out
not the cheapest but it will last

Old 01-10-2005, 10:23 AM   #6
gfisher2002
DON"T buy the Zoo-Med Haba-mister. I paid $100 bucks for it and it looks awsome. But it's VERY VERY noisy, needs to be topped up every 2 days and pukes large droplets of water more than it mists. Just letting you know.

Old 01-11-2005, 03:34 AM   #7
MGReptiles
I am looking into getting a misting system too and from the research I have done the pro mist IS the way to go...

Old 08-20-2005, 10:44 PM   #8
Dennis1
I got the pro mist and its great!

although i have been toying with the idea of a bilge pump for a boat
And buying just the nozzles from somewhere else

Old 12-27-2005, 11:15 PM   #9
ChameleonTattoo
Rainmaker

The pro mist was what I almost got, but I decided to save quiet a few bucks and get the "Rainmaker". It does up to as many (25) cages, if not more than the pro mist, and the heads are much cheaper. I have found that it is just as good if not better than pro mist.
Get the Jr. for less cages. I also have some easy modifications that save a bundle. Email me if interested.
http://www.cloudtops.com/misting_systems.htm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!