Books: Are these worth buying? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 02-25-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
coyote
Books: Are these worth buying?

Reptile Medicine and Surgery, Douglas Mader

Husbandry, Medicine and Surgery in Captive Reptiles, Fredric Frye.

Any others that you consider good references to have?

Old 02-28-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
coyote
OK, does anybody have these books?

How about others that you like and could recommend?

I know some of you have books.

Old 03-01-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
Digby Rigby
Thumbs up Reptile Medicine and Surgery

I have this book for myself. It is designed for veterinarians and veterinarian technicians. That means it is useful and has the information you are craving. It starts out with building and maintaining a successful practice then goes into biology and general husbandry including grief counseling for clients as well as into all the diseases and treatments known and also has a section on amphibians. It is also minty fresy having a copyright date of this year. After all only the latest info should be used when it comes to medicine and surgical techniques and the Frye book is too old. Reptile Medicine and Surgery is also a pulse pounding 1242 pages over 8.5 inches by just over 11 inches. The print is a little smaller also so they can fit more info per page! Copiously illustrated with color photographs and printed on slick paper! This book is so good that I even started selling it! The shipping costs alone is more than most little books cost! When it comes to the subject matter it isnt a matter of being able to afford this book. It is a matter of you cant afford not to get it!

Digby Rigby
DigbyRigby@exoticfeeders.com
http://exoticfeeders.com

Old 03-01-2006, 06:30 PM   #4
coyote
Fab!
Thank you for the reply. I have been very intrigued with and interested in buying this book. With this kind of endorsement, I feel pretty darn confident it is a good investment.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!