Good Guy Allen Both - Reptile Kindgom - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
BPHERP
Thumbs up Allen Both - Reptile Kindgom

I purchased a 1.1 pair of het red axanthic ball pythons from Allen Both at Reptile Kingdom; I wont get into particulars because I don't want to bore you, but let me say that there was an issue with the snakes health wise and Allen made every effort to communicate with me to resolve the matter. In the end he shipped me a larger, healthier pair who are eating like little piglets.

Its not if problems arise in business, but rather what someone does when they do arise, and Allen made it right, not to mention the transaction ended up heavily in my favor.

If you see something you like at Reptile Kingdom I would not hesitate to buy it, because in my experience Allen will make sure you are a happy customer.

Brandon Piddington

Old 03-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
birdman123
He barely gets back to some people. I find this a product of many BOI's about him being "the bad guy". Sorry but it took him about two weeks maybe a whole month for me to get an answer about these geckos I was going to buy from him. I found a good guy that is treating them (Lygodactylus williamsi, only imported really) and I am going with him. The whole communication thing doesn't seem right. Your lucky if he got back to you fast.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
birdman123
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman123 View Post
He barely gets back to some people. I find this a product of many BOI's about him being "the bad guy". Sorry but it took him about two weeks maybe a whole month for me to get an answer about these geckos I was going to buy from him. I found a good guy that is treating them (Lygodactylus williamsi, only imported really) and I am going with him. The whole communication thing doesn't seem right. Your lucky if he got back to you fast.
And he was going to get imports too. I found a deal that was costily but much more interesting because I got a fair deal and I am going to have totally healthy geckos (hopefully). Just so you know I understand that maybe he got back to you but many other people would say otherwise.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #4
ljsreptiles
I had the same issues with Allen, I picked up a pair of womas from Allen. They both had upper RI infections. I told him about the issue, and returned the snakes to him. It took about 4-5 months to get my money back. He sent paypal payments that he knew would not go through, took his sweet time returning emails. Finally i told him I would show up at the next White Plains, NY reptile show to collect my $900. Finally the night before the show, i had a real paypal instant transfer.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:20 PM   #5
birdman123
I think If we had to say anything about him he takes too long getting back to people. Especially, on refunds and other stuff. It is not good but he seems to be pretty reasonable and gives you information. Maybe a little unprofessional but you never know what may be happening to that person or if he may be having a hard time. I don't think this guy is bad just not great. I would give him a 7 out of 10 maybe even a 6. This guy isn't rude it seems but he is slight non-responsive.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #6
michaelynn
Well here is my experience will Allen Both and Reptile Kingdom: I responded to an add he posted on kingsnake.com where he was looking for breeders to supply his buisness with reptiles. After a few email exchanges we came to an agreement and I shipped him the reptiles. Now its four months later and I still have not recieved payment and he has refused to answer/return call and email. So now I'm out $1400.00 and this loss has forced me to reduce my collection and I maynot be able to afford to breed my animals this year.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
snakemansnakes
That is why business or not, never send anyone animals without payment first. It just leaves you open to things like this happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelynn View Post
Well here is my experience will Allen Both and Reptile Kingdom: I responded to an add he posted on kingsnake.com where he was looking for breeders to supply his buisness with reptiles. After a few email exchanges we came to an agreement and I shipped him the reptiles. Now its four months later and I still have not recieved payment and he has refused to answer/return call and email. So now I'm out $1400.00 and this loss has forced me to reduce my collection and I maynot be able to afford to breed my animals this year.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #8
michaelynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemansnakes View Post
That is why business or not, never send anyone animals without payment first. It just leaves you open to things like this happening.
This is standard practice when dealing with wholesalers, which has never been a problem in the past. I understand what you are saying but it does not work that way generally.

This information should be easier to find to prevent this type of thing from happening in the future.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #9
snakemansnakes
Just trying to say be careful when dealing with people.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!