Inquiry Rick Macdonald? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #11
JaceDBallpythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaceDBallpythons View Post
My thoughts exactly.
oops
-Jace Davis Milian

Old 01-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #12
tazz28
me

Yes I use Rick or rich but my last name is McDonald I work in wheaton IL

All this mixup on a typo and when I went to change it I couldnt

Richard McDonald

Old 01-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
LauraB
So uh, Rick ... this is not your Fauna classifieds ad? You are a different Rick M(a)cDonald from Illinois who is also selling snakes and just happens to have an identical Fauna user name as that other Rick MacDonald that is the person Alberto requested photos from and posted on this Classified ad? Alberto has you mixed up with someone else?
Wow ... strange indeed.

2006 Male Albino Jungle Proven Obtained from Peter Kahl in 2006
Eats frozen thaw aggressively but is a gentle snake 850.00
2004 Female Coral Albino Eats frozen thaw aggressively but is a gentle snake
By the pair for 1350 plus shipping

2006 Male Hypo CA Motley possible T+ Obtained from Peter Kahl in 2007.
Eats frozen thaw and is a great snake. Ready to breed this year. 1050.00 plus shipping
Need to sell them this week Take them all for 2200 plus shipping

If that is your ad and you do have those snakes, why not just send the photos Alberto has requested?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #14
bear
the deal on my end has been sealed with another person i just got back from picking up my new male coral albino jungle from Jody a great guy in ohio.. anyways as far as this thread goes i think it speaks for itself the guy who warned me called him rich as well which confused me since i knew him as rick macdonald. so this guy supposedly uses two different first names and on top of that WHO THE HECK SPELLS THEIR LAST NAME WRONG ! LOL im sorry but that just doesnt happen lol.. is it macdonald or mcdonald? hmm better check my drivers license... sorry not buyin it.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #15
bear
This is a warning message i received in a pm from someone concerned i was about to be ripped off.

"Hello bear, I just wanted to warn you about this guy. I bought these snakes from him last summer. I paid him through paypal then he made up all kinds of excuses why he couldn't ship them. I finally said i will set up a pick up through fedex using my account so he wouldn't have to pay for the shipping because i thought he already spent the shipping money. I was willing to pay the shipping twice this way. We agreed on a day and set it up but when the driver got there he wasn't home. I finally filed a complaint to ks and a dispute through paypal. They got my money back over about 3 months and he is banned from ks. Don't trust him. Joe"

Old 01-13-2010, 08:11 PM   #16
bear
Just to be clear, all i have posted is that i have been warned by someone as above states that rick/richard mcdonald/macdonald has done wrong to them, it alarmed me and i chose to not do business with him at that point and posted that warning here. I do not know the details of that transaction gone wrong and only wanted to give others the chance to determine that for themselves. I for one think its odd that your name is richard mcdonald but you put your name up as rick macdonald, that is not your name. that is more than enough for me to steer clear.

Alberto Dimatteo

Old 01-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #17
lancehead1980
Never Buy Anything From This Idiot.

I purchased 4 snakes from him last year and got completely ripped off. I paid him through pay-pal for a male breeder dh sunglow, an 08 make jungle, and two 08 sunglows. I sent the full payment too him in November 2008, I recieved the snakes in mid January 2009. When I opened the box I found a large male hypo that turned out too have an infected tooth and didn't eat for 8 months not too mention showed absolutely no interest in any female I put him with, a very "low expression" jungle, and instead of 2 sunglows I got 2 normal albino males. I e-mailed him right away and he told me that his "shipper" must have packed the wrong snakes and he would resolve it. A week went by without my hearing from him so I called him about a dozen times but he never responded. I sent him some e-mails. He finally e-mailed me back and tells me that i'm not getting my 2 sunglows, but those 2 albinos were "poss. jungle", which was a load of crap because I asked him twice what the parents were and got different answers both times. I told him to send me back my $600.00 that I originally paid for the 2 sunglows plus shipping and I would ship the 2 albinos right back too him and everything would be fine. I never heard from him again. This guy is a jackass and I wouldn't piss on his face if his hair was on fire. And Rich if you happen to read this I want you to know that one day our paths will cross.

This guy is a jackass and a liar and I can't believe he isn't banned from here also.

See you soon Rich....

Your friend,
Lonnie Jacobs

Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #18
bear
thanks lonnie.. remember the facts you were so pissed werent here rich? they seem to be surfacing.. so now we have 2 people claiming bad deals with this guy. another person has contacted me via pm asking for his email addy to identify him but they have not said anything other than that, i assume its another person who had a problem with this guy.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #19
JoeRas
I bought 3 snakes from this guy this summer that he was selling on kingsnake.He was going by Rich McDonald. He told me send the money to his paypal account which was the same as his email address. Then he emailed back and gave me a different account to put it in which should have thrown up a red flag right then. I paid the money and then he never responded to my emails for 2 weeks. I finally sent an email saying I was going to file a complaint if I didn't hear from him.He emailed me back and made up excuses why he still couldn't ship them. I finally told him another week later he needs to ship them now. We set up a pickup time and I told him I would call it in and use my fedex account. He was not there for the pickup. He called and said he had an accident and had to leave.
After all the excuses and the other paypal account thing, I figured out by now he was just a scammer. I filed a claim with paypal and they reversed all the money back except $230 wich was not in his account but they said they would get it. I also told kingsnake and they said they would stop him from ever selling there again, and I filed an FBI fraud complaint.
Three months later Rich emailed me and ask me to remove the FBI complaint. I told him he still owed me the $230 and he said he would pay it right away if I would tell them it was settled. He did pay me and I told them it was taken care of.
I would recomend not to buy from this guy and I don't know if he even has the snakes. Joe Rasmussen

Old 01-14-2010, 08:48 PM   #20
bear
thanks joe i appreciate you taking the time to post that.

joe was the person that i mentioned warned me in a pm of rich earlier in the thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!