SnakeSnare.com - Self Explanitory - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 12-19-2004, 02:45 PM   #41
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
Not everyone views snakes the same way we do.
- Well not everyone has as much brain capacity as we do either. So should that make it right for them to go off killing the more intelligent class?

Quote:
Do you allow ants or other pests or insects to roam your home because you happened to place your home in their environment?
-If there was a very large ant problem in my house I would exterminate them. However, spiders, an other problematic bugs I simply place outside. Maybe thats because I think they are beneficial creatures?

Quote:
Some people fear snakes and some, due to religous stories, feel that they are downright evil.
-Please do not get me started on the religious non sense. I do not want to express my views of religion on this forum, as it would only start a pissing match on something completely different. However I understand what you are saying. All I have to say is that those people are stupid as sh*t to believe a snake is evil, & since we all know that they are not. Why should we defend there incorrect and illogical belief??

Quote:
In fact their are companies that make fishing poles and hunting rifles strictly for the killing of animals.
-I personally do not hunt or kill any animals (except fish). However your point is completely understood. I only think those companies will be getting threatening emails from PETA....etc. Not us. I eat meat and like it. I think the sport of just killing animals for fun is kind of ridiculous. The useless killing is stupid, if the hunter or whatever wants to eat the meat he harvests or is killing to control a population growth then that is another story.

Old 12-19-2004, 02:51 PM   #42
Tripple H Herps
Quote:
First off I would like to say that I donot agree with this product or the killing of snakes due to lack of education or fear. But, I feel it is just as bad to send threats to anyone who is operating a legal business.
- I forgot to mention. I agree on not sending threats to this person. It only makes you look just as bad. I am glad you do not agree with the fact of killing snakes. However any defense of this product is shameful.
Thanks, Jim

Old 12-19-2004, 02:54 PM   #43
BriarpatchHerps
Quote:
I havent seen a snake snare trap, but is everyone also against rat traps?
Rodents fall under self preservation, I've never heard of a snake chewing up a bag of dog food, chew up stored items for nesting, completely over run an entire residence, pass along plagues and viruses to man and domesticated animals. Snakes may be predators but rodents are a million times more destructive and dangerous to man. Australia is home to seven of the most lethal snakes known to man but the two animals that cause more death, damage and grief to human populations and domesticated animals are rodents and feral dogs.

Anyone can remove two things from their property and they'll most likely never see another snake on it ever! Remove cluttered up junk that the serpents use for housing and store food items in a method that eliminates rodents ie:dog food, grain, farm stock feed
Lacking food and shelter the targeted animal of choice has ZERO need to be on your property. My families home is surrounded by woods and has a creek less than 40ft from the house, the property's been ours for more than fifty years and snakes are occasionally seen but have never got into the house or became a problem of any sort.

I've had snakes escape from racks and cages over the years and have a super high tech capture technique, much too expensive for the average person to afford.

A stiff cardboard box with an X cut for a entrance, gently fold the tabs inward to slightly open the center of the X and set it up where you expect the snake to be with a mouse inside a ventilated plastic container in the box. The snake will come in hunting and wont try to leave as long as he's this close >< to food and if he tries it's still not possible for the animal to reverse the flaps and push his way out. The X will also prevent a snake from going half way in and backing out, try it with your finger on an old box to understand the concept - it works along the same principle as Chinese handcuffs.

I would hate to see the day come that I had to rip off an animals head because I couldn't outsmart it.

Old 12-19-2004, 04:35 PM   #44
Rockford
Thanks William.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriarpatchHerps
Rodents fall under self preservation, I've never heard of a snake chewing up a bag of dog food, chew up stored items for nesting, completely over run an entire residence, pass along plagues and viruses to man and domesticated animals. Snakes may be predators but rodents are a million times more destructive and dangerous to man. Australia is home to seven of the most lethal snakes known to man but the two animals that cause more death, damage and grief to human populations and domesticated animals are rodents and feral dogs.

Anyone can remove two things from their property and they'll most likely never see another snake on it ever! Remove cluttered up junk that the serpents use for housing and store food items in a method that eliminates rodents ie:dog food, grain, farm stock feed
Lacking food and shelter the targeted animal of choice has ZERO need to be on your property. My families home is surrounded by woods and has a creek less than 40ft from the house, the property's been ours for more than fifty years and snakes are occasionally seen but have never got into the house or became a problem of any sort.
You just saved me from typing.

Vince-

Your posts really are "off" especially coming from someone that keeps herps. If you would have seen the website before it was brought down then you might understand and have a different opinion, hopefully.

People just need to be educated on snakes. What to do if encountered? Who to call? etc. I hate to see innocent animals killed. It is up to people like us to do the educating. Whether it's with co-workers, neighborhood kids, classrooms, etc. I believe it is getting better.
I live in California and Mountain Lions will attack folks and the media will say that the mountain lions came down into our territory and know they have to be killed. If we keep encroaching on wild animals territories than we really should learn what we are living next to.

This snake snare guy is just promoting ignorance and should be stopped!

Happy Holidays!!

Bthacker

Old 12-19-2004, 04:47 PM   #45
Vince
the factor is that only people with some sort of interest in snakes will pay attention to the educators. I do not agree with killing snakes I just understand the need for this thing as an alternative to people who use fire arms. I am not one sided. as far as your comment that "he must be stopped" you seem to feel very strongly so how about instead of trying to stop him you come up with an idea for a safe live snake removal trap? or an educational web page or downloadable info sheet on how to trap and remove a nuisances snake, that seems like a more logical approach then a crusade against someone who is selling something that some people may have a practical need for.

Old 12-19-2004, 05:28 PM   #46
Rockford
Vince-

If you are dumb enough to cause harm to yourself or someone else with a firearm for shooting a defenseless snake then that my friend is what Darwinism is all about. What's worse a dummy with a gun or Rattlesnake at a distance? I don't think anyone is going to carry a snakesnare in their back pocket and bust it out when they most need it!!!

A "practical" need? Someone could get bit by a Rattlesnake using one of these things. Or a harmless snake can be killed. Did you see the website?

And yes I try and teach everyone that I can that snakes aren't really all that bad and shouldn't be considered a nuisance but an animal that is necessary for a balanced ecosystem.

Give me and everyone else a break!!!!

Bthacker

Old 12-19-2004, 05:54 PM   #47
BryonsBoas
Somehow I don't think the snare would be able to determine the difference between protected/endangered species from non-endangered. If you used it and killed a protected species wouldn't that get the owner in a buttload of trouble ? Not to mention that species is down by one from stupidity.

Old 12-19-2004, 06:41 PM   #48
jenexotic
So if you think this is ok, then what about cats? I know some people cannot stand cats and think that they are evil,so it should be ok to decapitate them right? How fast do you think that you would be in jail if you killed a cat? And as for leg traps my baby kitten was caught in one of those a few years back so don't tell me about them being safe because they are not to all animals. My snakes are my pets and if anyone ttried to hurt my pets because they didn't like them then they would be sorry!!!

Old 12-19-2004, 06:55 PM   #49
Karen Hulvey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Locators
Humans! Are the most cruel and dangerous animal on the face of the earth. it is sometimes the things people fear!...And don't understand that are the most beneficial to us all. "Snakes" with out them we could not exsist as a species.

Snakes don't hate people....people hate snakes! Again where will it stop!
I agree wholeheartedly w/the above statement. When someone who is afraid of snakes sees one, why can't they just WALK AWAY?
It blows my mind to think that humans are supposed to be the smartest living things on earth yet sooo stupid when it comes to wildlife.

Old 12-19-2004, 07:04 PM   #50
jenexotic
AMEN!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!