Weather-instruments-htawi. Incredible product & service. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 08-07-2005, 01:47 AM   #1
The BoidSmith
Weather-instruments-htawi. Incredible product & service.

Well, I had been looking for this device for quite some time now. It has a temperature reader, weather forecaster, alarm clock, LCD light, and what is most important max and min audible temperature alarm!. It’s completely wireless, the sensor is placed in your reptile room the base in your night table. No more going to sleep fearing something can go wrong. The best part of it is that I ordered it on a Sunday through the computer and it was at my door on Wednesday. It’s already working for me and my collection. The price? $62.91 shipped, but its usefuleness is priceless (if you have your room outside of the house and within 100 feet maxium).

Here are the specs:

Name Code Qty Each Options
------------------------------------------------------------
Acu-Rite Model 00736 ci00736 1 54.95
Wireless Indoor Outdoor
Thermometer, Weather
Forecaster & Clock
Subtotal 54.95
Shipping 7.96
Tax 0.00
Total 62.91

Best regards.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
Tim Cole
Sounds good...

Who did you order it from?

Old 08-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
Tim,

The company is Hewes Time and Weather Instruments. Their web page for the model I order:

http://www.weather-instruments-htawi.com/ci00736.html

They are in special now.

Regards.

Old 08-07-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
Tim Cole
Thumbs up Thanks...

I ordered one.

Old 08-09-2005, 04:41 PM   #5
Griz
I have been walking down this path for awhile now. In the setup I am currently working on, I will have a seperate room for cooling etc. I found this setup on eBay ----> http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Oregon-Scien...QQcmdZViewItem

and it allows you to have up to 3 seperate sensors so that you can monitor various locations vs being stuck to just the one. Not sure about reliability etc as I do not own it yet but I do like the idea of multiple sensors.

Griz

Old 08-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I have been walking down this path for awhile now. In the setup I am currently working on, I will have a seperate room for cooling etc. I found this setup on eBay ----> http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Oregon-Scien...QQcmdZViewItem

and it allows you to have up to 3 seperate sensors so that you can monitor various locations vs being stuck to just the one. Not sure about reliability etc as I do not own it yet but I do like the idea of multiple sensors.
The one that I bought also allows up to three sensors. The price includes one with the base unit. The other two are optional and have to be purchased separately (I believe they are close to $30 a piece).

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!