Repti-Pack Shipping Boxes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 08-31-2005, 07:57 PM   #1
SPJ
Repti-Pack Shipping Boxes

The description on the website.

Quote:
Our exclusive Repti-Pack Shipping Boxes are designed for shipping reptiles. We start with 200 pound test corrugated boxes and then we include 1" thick high density polypropylene foam liners. The liners add thermal insulation to keep the box contents warm (or cool) depending on the time of year. Repti-Pack shipping boxes offer you the best balance of thermal protection and reasonable cost.

What my order looks like.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:58 PM   #2
SPJ
Another pic.

NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING TO SEE.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:25 PM   #3
SPJ
If you order a lot of boxes, make sure you have storage space.

This order was for only 5 boxes and right now I'm trying to figure out where I am going to store the pieces until they get used.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:19 AM   #4
ReptileHabitat
Hello Steven,
You're absolutely right, my ad nor does my website say anything about them being unassembled. It is my mistake and I'll be sure to include that from now on. I used to sell them assembled. I was spending alot more money on materials and I wasn't making a whole lot, at the time I didn't care so I continued. Then I recieved bad feedback from a customer because they reported the boxes were damaged because they arrived pre assembled. I figured it'd be easier to put them together then to deal with bent up cardboard cartons. As we all know, you can't please everyone.

However, there is something there that you forgot to mention to everyone else. I offer a money back guarantee if you are not pleased with the boxes.
If you are truly dissatisfied maybe you should take that option, but since you are speaking of storing them then you must be satisfied enough to keep them.

I'm sorry to hear that you are unhappy. Let me know what you'd like me to do and I will do my best to fix it.

In the future, I'd appreciate it if you went to me first when you have a problem instead of going public. Just a bit of common courtesy is all.

Thank you for your time and your business. I'd like to thank everyone else for their time as well.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:35 AM   #5
SPJ
More surprised than anything.

Trying to figure out where I am going to put the pieces.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:38 AM   #6
ReptileHabitat
You can try keeping them in the box that was included now where to put that box.. ::shrugs:: I'm sorry I can't be of help regarding that. If there is anything I can do please feel free to let me know.

Old 09-01-2005, 02:00 AM   #7
Ponderosa Snake
Umm looks like you got boxes and foam liners just like it states. Store them where you planned on storing 5 prebuilt shipping boxes?!?! I am sure that being broken down they take up less space then 5 prebuilt shipping boxes. I am not sure what you are upset about maybe I missed something.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:21 PM   #8
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa Snake
Umm looks like you got boxes and foam liners just like it states. Store them where you planned on storing 5 prebuilt shipping boxes?!?! I am sure that being broken down they take up less space then 5 prebuilt shipping boxes. I am not sure what you are upset about maybe I missed something.
Yeah, exactly. I have about 5 unbuilt boxes at home now, the 12x12x10 size. They take up about 1/3 the space broken down that they would built, at least broken down no space is wasted......built there is a 10x8 empty space in the middle of everyone.

From the pic I don't know if I like that type of foam but that's just from what I can see. How's the density of it? Is it hard or soft?

Old 09-01-2005, 01:22 PM   #9
DragonCharm
Btw, do you have a website?

Old 09-01-2005, 01:27 PM   #10
ReptileHabitat
It is polypropylene foam and yes it is soft. That type of foam is used for insulating, upholstrying cars.

The first time I used it was several years ago during the winter there was nothing else available and I was a newbie so I used that and shipped a bearded dragon w/ a 40 hour heatpack from Texas to Iowa via USPS Express (hey I said I was new). When it went out on Monday it was about 50 degrees in Texas and was expected to arrive Tuesday in 20 degree Iowa weather. It didn't arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. Thursday there was a blizzard and then Friday the temps were near zero degrees.

It arrived alive on Saturday and the box was still warm in fact. This alone proves the box's insulation properties. It also much more dense then your common insulation styrofoam.

My website is www.reptipack.com. My catalog doesn't seem to be working so email for pricing details.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!