To Jump or Not To Jump - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 06-07-2003, 01:32 AM   #141
NEWReptiles
Link for Brian

The Sutherlands Pastel page

I just seen this now when I was checking others animals for sale, just thought you would like to see it.

Old 06-07-2003, 11:54 AM   #142
Python Dreams
You can also check the Snake Keeper's website in the Morphs section under "What make a Morph?"
I think it is generally accepted in Ball Pythons that Pastel is considered Pastel Jungle. It does not come down to laziness or anything else. As far as the other topic on the BOI, once he stated that he was talking about Pastel Balls that cleared up any possible confusion. I dont think too many people were thinking he is talking about a pastel colored Ball such as yours. Also from a question Brian asked of me earlier.... Once their price drops to $400 or $300 or even $100, they will still standout from what is being sold as normals (great variety in normals) and will still earn a higher price tags and have genetics that lead to other very desired morphs (Super Pastel, Killer-Bee, etc...). They will still be referred to as Pastels and when dealing with Balls people will know what to look for.
I also do agree with you Brian that people do look for phenotype. If their is a pattern or color (Red Balls if they were real) that stands out greatly from what is considered normal, they will demand quite a higher price tag. Their is always the possibility that you will be able to prove out a new morph. I would say that probably almost every morph was originally just a beautiful pattern with hopes of genetics. Some people base their decisions off one animal as a pet and they want the best looking snake they can find, at whatever cost, with no hopes of breeding it in the future. One of these days I hope to buy a Boelon's just as a pet with no hopes of breeding it. But then if that is the case you should let the phenotype speak for itself and not add confusion and possible dishonesty by using a name that is generally accepted as a proven morph.
Thanks, Tom Baker

Old 06-07-2003, 06:51 PM   #143
bpc
Don't worry I won't use Pastel.

Pastel-wannabe maybe. Right now I call the snake "a piece of $hit," it still won't eat on it's own. But, it's not the first stubborn one I've had, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Old 06-07-2003, 06:54 PM   #144
NEWReptiles
I wish you the best of luck. Balls can be really stubborn when it comes to eating. I have kept them for sometime and still have a few that are finicky.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!