Can We Enforce a Higher Level of Accountablity? - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #151
dprince
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Rich,

Fauna Classifieds as a whole is the most important reptile consumer site on the Net. It's not just the BOI or the GGC or the Trader Ratings, or the forums, or the people who frequent here, etc, etc, that has accomplished that. It is the combination of all them that has accomplished that. This site as a whole, not just single aspects, has allowed countless people to educate themselves and assisted them in making informed decisions.

Just because every person is not a big fan of every aspect of this site dont mean that they are not valuable aspects of the site. To me the knowledgeable people here and the BOI are the two most important aspects of this site. To someone else it may be the GGC and the Trader Rating. Someone else may think it is the Forums. What's important is that you are offering a multitude of tools that help educate all consumers regardless of which they think is most important.
No site will ever make EVERYONE 100% happy. Fauna is one of the most important tools on the internet for reptile folks, both new and "distinguished." I too (as someone else previously mentioned) found fauna through a GGC on a breeder's website. It was through fauna that I started doing research on folks I might want to do business with, both now and in the future. I got to see different opinions about racks, thermostats, incubators - you name it!! - before buying. I was able to find out how to become certified through FedEx to ship reptiles. It has been very enlightening and incredibly helpful to me. I am personally *very* appreciative for this website. I think it's a huge step in the right direction to getting to a higher level of accountability from breeders and buyers alike.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #152
KathyLove
"...For the newbies out there I would say use it as a safety net, but look for track record and longevity of the businesses in question as well as how they resolve their issues when they show up. Pay special attention as how they interact with you before and after the purchase.

There are some companies that show strong GGC record that I would never even dream of sending money to, conversely there are individuals not in the GGC pool that frequent this site from whom I would purchase in a heartbeat."

Excellent points all! If purchasers would only use all of the tools they could find here, on other forums, and all of the Internet, scammers would not have nearly such a positive cash flow!

Old 12-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #153
dprince
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyLove
"...For the newbies out there I would say use it as a safety net, but look for track record and longevity of the businesses in question as well as how they resolve their issues when they show up. Pay special attention as how they interact with you before and after the purchase.

There are some companies that show strong GGC record that I would never even dream of sending money to, conversely there are individuals not in the GGC pool that frequent this site from whom I would purchase in a heartbeat."

Excellent points all! If purchasers would only use all of the tools they could find here, on other forums, and all of the Internet, scammers would not have nearly such a positive cash flow!
Some of what I have learned from Fauna (and other great reptile sites) is from reading everything I can and making my own judgement call. THAT is the power of this site.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!