Can We Enforce a Higher Level of Accountablity? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:37 PM   #31
deborahbroadus
Alicia (Moo) reminded me of this: http://www.pijac.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=225 . I am not sure just how effective they are? Lots of people haven't heard of them and as far as I know their proposals aren't laws it's voluntary and scammers aren't going to abide by these rules. If I am wrong, someone correct me.

Any suggestions?

Old 12-18-2007, 10:53 PM   #32
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus
Alicia (Moo) reminded me of this: http://www.pijac.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=225 . I am not sure just how effective they are? Lots of people haven't heard of them and as far as I know their proposals aren't laws it's voluntary and scammers aren't going to abide by these rules. If I am wrong, someone correct me.

Any suggestions?
Most true blue scammers don't abide by any rules, it is pretty much, anything goes.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:13 PM   #33
LakesideBoas
Wes...

A true lobbyist would BE one of us. What I was saying is that as a group we are not organised enough to get OUR voices heard by those that can (and DO) make a difference in our chosen fields--politicians. The guys that listen to the biased and nauseating hypocritical vomit and detritus that leaves the lips of the representatives of organizations like PITA and the HSUS---THEIR lobbyists.

Without organization we're just pissing in the wind. We're ALREADY regulated to a fair-thee-well, Wes, it's too late to complain about it.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:17 PM   #34
KelliH
Tread lightly, Deb, my friend, tread lightly... BTW, PJAC is a great organization that we have been members of for many years.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:21 PM   #35
LakesideBoas
If we can get behind the folks in PIJAC that could be our rallying point to target future legislation against us. I haven't kept up with their manifesto, although I was under the impression when it first started that lobbying was one of their ultimate goals.

In a multi-million dollar a year business like this one it's a shame we can't even get on the same page to protect the very thing that we rely on to feed us and clothe our children (in some cases).

Perhaps PIJAC can be our leg-up in the political arena. We could do something as novel as become active and ask them if this could be a likely scenario.

I'm starting to think that we are so comfortable whining about the fact that our diapers are dirty we don't care if they get changed or not.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:28 PM   #36
KelliH
It would be easy to ban a person from advertising here if their trader rating or GGC went below a certain level What would be so hard about that?

Old 12-18-2007, 11:31 PM   #37
Wilomn
Some of us have opted for other than diapers.

Don't go by me, I'm just not much of a group person.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:37 PM   #38
KelliH
I miss changing diapers. I really do.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:38 PM   #39
LakesideBoas
Kelly...

You say your are a member of PIJAC, so perhaps you could get the word out about them to the rest of us. I am going to hit their site and do some reading.

I don't think you are seeing the "Big Picture" here in this thread...or I am completely lost here (quite likely!).

I am not talking about anything to do with this site, although Rich has many good ideas (and he has some stinkers too ). If Rich chooses to flush the true turds in this place down the proverbial toilet he can do it and God Bless him!

We need to have our voices heard to prevent just what has happened and continues to happen to us with knee-jerk reactionary politics.

It's pretty scary that I have to jump through hoops like a circus animal to keep some of the pets I would really like to but anybody who is physically able can contribute to the propagation of this species.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:58 PM   #40
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus

Any suggestions?
PIJAC? Who are they?
Just kidding...

Just about most breeders (of any animal) that have been around even for a few years should know who they are.

PIJAC, has actually been the only voice to stand up to many animal rights groups pushing new legislation here in CA and in many other states.

They were able to provide enough pressure to table proposed legislation in this state that would have taken many rights away from mammal breeders this year. That bill will come up again next year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!