Don't get scammed! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #51
Shadera
If you wanna send people pictures of where you live, go for it. Me, I'm not going there. I think that's my choice, or at least last I checked I had a choice. This isn't about big brother, it's about what little privacy I have left.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #52
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Shadera, I understand what you are saying however, they get that info from you when they have to remit payment anyhow. There are programs out there, like Google Earth and some better ones, that once they have your address will show your home. Big brother is watching us
Exactly what I was saying.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #53
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
If you wanna send people pictures of where you live, go for it. Me, I'm not going there. I think that's my choice, or at least last I checked I had a choice. This isn't about big brother, it's about what little privacy I have left.
No, it's not "necessary" to take pics of your house even if a customer asks for it. My point was the information isn't secret. They can get a picture of your house from another source, anyway. So, there's not exactly any "benefit" in not providing the information?

Old 03-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #54
Shadera
Like I said Deb, go for it. You know how I feel about your opinion..

I'm not sending anyone pictures of my house for the same reason I don't invite them over to do business, and no one will change my mind on that.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:31 PM   #55
StrictlyExotics
Its a scary world we live in. Everytime we submit a PayPal payment for something we purchase, they can easily see our home because of the address thats associated with our PayPal acct. Everytime we ship something, we have to use a return address as well. They have access to our addresses really easily so that info isnt the problem.

The person who wanted a pic of my home, he actually asked for a specific photo, a tree in my front yard, the one with the bricks around it

Old 03-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #56
WingedWolf
I would be ok with a photo of the exterior, to prove that really was my address. As you pointed out, Google Earth shows an arial view of anyhow. Photos of the interior? Not a chance.

"Oh, and here's the layout, so you don't have to bother to send anyone over to case the joint". lol....

Old 03-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #57
StrictlyExotics
There is another website that will actually show the front of the address, whatever the address pertains to. When I find it, I will post the link to it in here for everyone.

I would never shoot pics of the inside of my home, unless it was a BIG gun, next to a freezer etc... But once someone has your address, they know what your house looks like if they want to know.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #58
deborahbroadus
Exactly!

If I were to sell/or want to sell my house, pics of the outside would be public anyway. I really don't see the harm of outside pics (perhaps someone will fall in love with this monsterousity and take it off my hands!!) for customers so that they can see that I actually live here.

** but on the other hand, it really proves nothing, I could have given the neighbor's address and taken a pic of the neighbor's house.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #59
tinmantribe5
Thats right google will put a arrow pointing right to your door!

Old 03-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #60
tinmantribe5
Google maps your address right off our own websites

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!