Need some advice. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-20-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
mc5guy
Need some advice.

I need to ship a ball python to somewhere. When I call Fedex, they told me I need to have an account and so and so. I checked online and find out that is a pain.

Can I just put my snake in the snake shipping kit I bought online. Then do not tell them what it is and have him shipped over night?

Will they find out? Will I get into trouble?

Or any other way I can have him shipped with out account.

Thanks for the help !

Old 01-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc5guy View Post
I need to ship a ball python to somewhere. When I call Fedex, they told me I need to have an account and so and so. I checked online and find out that is a pain.

Can I just put my snake in the snake shipping kit I bought online. Then do not tell them what it is and have him shipped over night?

Will they find out? Will I get into trouble?

Or any other way I can have him shipped with out account.

Thanks for the help !
NO!!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Pythonbreeder99
Fedex is a pain that much is for sure, and it will take a couple weeks to get certified but you not only risk your snakes by shipping illegally, you risk your reputation and the thickness of you wallet (I believe there is a fine) If you want to know specifics about becoming certified, shoot me your email and I can link you a word document with everything you need to know.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:25 PM   #4
TheFragginDragon
Also, check out the 'Shipping Forum' here for some good info on the subject.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...play.php?f=462

Old 01-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
timebider
If you need to ship the snake fast, your best bet is to a) use Delta or b) find someone with a FedEx certification who is willing to allow you to use their account for this shipment.

Meanwhile, get certified with FedEx! Yes, it's a bit of a hassle, but it also shows your buyers that you're both responsible and serious about safety - traits that can only make you look better as a snake breeder/keeper.

Finally, please remember it only takes ONE screw-up to cause EVERYONE to lose their shipping privileges. You don't want to be that person!

Old 01-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
ms_ramie22
ship your reptiles?....

Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #7
Pythonbreeder99
They lost their snake shipping contract a long time ago

Old 01-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
David Reid
Is your name really Richard Wang? If so, that is by far the coolest BOI name.

Dave

Old 01-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #9
ms_ramie22
I thought I had just recently received an email from them that they were up and running again, snakes and all.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #10
ms_ramie22
Maybe I meant http://www.reptilesexpress.com/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!