Reptile Ethics, When do we say thats enough - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 11-10-2003, 10:01 PM   #1
colubridman88
Reptile Ethics, When do we say thats enough

Some of you may know why i am starting this thread. SO, here it is. Where do we draw the line? These animals obviously mean a lot to us. I mean, they take up 75% of my life. Yours too i am sure. When should we stick up for them? When we see and hear something that includes mistreatment to our beloved herps, what should we do? Should these people be held responsible? When these people obviously should not be doing what they are doing. Granted, the animals in question are not dogs, or horses, they are reptiles. They have very little intelligence(comparitively), should we still protect them? A recent "incidence" on the BOI prompted me to write this thread. I am worried about inexperienced people performing medical procedures on reptiles. Frankly this is sick to me, if you needed a kidney transplant and i offered to do it for 20 bucks would you??!!!???!!! If your dog needed to be spayed and i said i could do it in my garage, would you do it? NO. We need to take a stand against these UNETHICAL BUTCHERS. The person who this thread is directed towords KNOWS who he is. Let me asure you, over the past two days i have taken substantial steps to legal action against this person, The authorities assured me this is not an offense to be taken lightly. I cant let it happen, these animals don't deserve it. Anyone who says they love this hobby(or buisness, as it is in my case and many others), and performs, ILLEGAL and UNETHICAL procedures on reptiles, is a predator only looking for financial gain. YOU DONT DESERVE TO BE A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY. To you, Mr. Butcher, your time is coming soon.(Don't mean to sound threatining). You deserve to pay the consiquences for your actions. And you will, TRUST ME. For those of you who know what i am talking about, i have an agent assigned to the case, he would appreciate any info you have for him. You can contact me privately at colubridman88@yahoo.com
Jesse Smith

Old 11-10-2003, 10:15 PM   #2
ScottsReptiles
Re: Reptile Ethics, When do we say thats enough

Quote:
Originally posted by colubridman88
lots of stuff
hey Mr. Slave... I think we need a special "rant" section on the boi.. there seems to be more and more of them popping up on here lately.

Old 11-10-2003, 10:26 PM   #3
colubridman88
Hey Scott

Where did i post that, i dont seem to remember. I didnt see you posting in the thread where this one spawned from. Do you know what you are talking about?
Jesse Smith

Old 11-10-2003, 10:33 PM   #4
Seamus Haley
Quote:
I think we need a special "rant" section on the boi.. there seems to be more and more of them popping up on here lately.
"Sound Off"

Old 11-10-2003, 10:47 PM   #5
colubridman88
WOW

In one year and 5 months you have 20 points. Wow, on that record you will be banned from this site in 3 months.

Old 11-10-2003, 11:46 PM   #6
evansnakes
Jesse, for those of us who have no idea who and what you are talking about how about posting some useful information? How would you like people to respond to "what should we do" "when should we do it" if we have not a clue what you are talking about?

Old 11-11-2003, 03:17 AM   #7
Seamus Haley
Quote:
In one year and 5 months you have 20 points. Wow, on that record you will be banned from this site in 3 months.
In twenty one days you have two points. Wow, on that record you will be banned from this site in 8 months.

Equalling a total duration of time from joining to banishment that's far faster than my own. Glass houses... Stones...

Might I ask what prompted the above quoted response to my participation in this thread? Scott suggested a rants forum... I pointed out that we already have one. Your post was so poorly written and garbled with a total lack of regard for the english language that it became nearly impossible to wade through as it was... Thus I saw no damage in sidetracking your gibberish to respond to another long term poster.

Old 11-11-2003, 03:23 AM   #8
Seamus Haley
In doing a search for other posts written by this Colubridman character, two things became obvious...

One, that this thread is supposed to be linked to Ray Hunter and venomoid production.

Two, that there are at LEAST two people posting on the login name "colubridman88"

A quick search for other posts and the preview of the post text is more than enough to verify this... quirk... in the login name, at times the individual posting seems quite logical and able to write something that's at least readable... at others the posts are formed of the garbage we got starting this thread.

It's times like this that I miss Ritchie's more active involvement.

Old 11-11-2003, 08:21 AM   #9
ScottsReptiles
Re: Hey Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by colubridman88
Where did i post that, i dont seem to remember. I didnt see you posting in the thread where this one spawned from. Do you know what you are talking about?
Jesse Smith
Your originally had it on the BOI.. but.. it was moved over here. I think I posted to it while it was moved.. cause I got it on the boi.. then when it refreshed the post, it was over here in General Business Discussions.

Old 11-11-2003, 08:24 AM   #10
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamus Haley
"Sound Off"
Thanks Seamus!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!