LA Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-03-2004, 06:27 PM   #1
David R.
LA Reptiles

Thought I would try one last time to reach LA Reptile. They were a major wholesaler that I dealt with back in the 70's & 80's. They would only do business with certain people and you had to be strictly a wholesaler to do business with them. Does anyone know if they are still around and in business? All the contact info I had for them is now bad. What I'm seeking is there current correct contact info. Phone numbers and/or email addresses. Thank you.

David Rivers

Old 01-04-2004, 05:56 PM   #2
KNOBTAIL
Chris and Gene are still around,

but I doubt they would do any business with you. As you indicated its wholesale only, and they will check you out. Jerry

Old 01-04-2004, 06:43 PM   #3
brucestephenson
Aaaahhhh but Jerry,

Why not give it a try? As all we herpers do know, Money talks and BS(not my initials) walks.

Old 01-04-2004, 06:55 PM   #4
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Bruce,

You obviously don't know anything about LA Reptiles. LA Reptiles does not need any new clients and can afford to be very selective to whom they sell to. They only sell to wholesalers and even some of them they will sell to. There have been people that have been allowed to order from them and when LA found out that they were not just wholesalers they were removed from their list and not allowed to order any longer.

Old 01-04-2004, 07:38 PM   #5
brucestephenson
Rob, You might be surprised what I know. I have been around for a while.

Old 01-04-2004, 07:56 PM   #6
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Than you know that LA Reptiles will not bend their rules and does not need new customers. They turn away new customers just about every day some of them being only wholesale dealers and alot being everything else.

Old 01-04-2004, 08:21 PM   #7
markwebb
Some of you are so mean

What kind of responses are those? The person requesting info is a new member. Who is to say he does not have $10K grand or $100K grand to spend on buying wholesale, and "LA Reptiles" would be glad to do business with him? What kind of responses are those?

Why are you all so often so mean? If you have the contact info why not just be a friend and give it to him - why should you care who a company does or does not do business with.

Play nice, people. As the man said - the things you take with you out of this life are the things you gave away.

Old 01-04-2004, 08:34 PM   #8
brucestephenson
I actually think Jerry and Rob are very nice people. However, they may have different honorable interests to protect, or it is really just their honest opinions. I can respect that, and I enjoy a friendly debate. Yes, I agree that the BOI can get very rough and tough.

Old 01-04-2004, 08:53 PM   #9
brucestephenson
I will post LA Reptile's contact information probably within 24 hours, unless I am given a good enough reason not to do so.

Old 01-04-2004, 09:29 PM   #10
Rob @ RK Reptiles
I am not trying to protect or covet anyone but rather trying to let the person know the truth. LA Reptiles would not even sell to me for years because I sell some in the retail arena. They would now sell to me but because I would rather import the animals myself and not have to change the way I do my business I choose not to purchase from them.

Also it does not matter if a person has $10k or more to spend. LA Reptiles only sells to established wholesalers that are currently selling in the wholesale market and nothing to do with the retail market. So even if this person (or anyone else) wanted to spend $10K with them tomorrow that would not change their way they conduct their business. Most people that purchase from them purchase $5-$10k per week and some are multiple times a week. so they don't really care about the money or new customers as they have plenty.

Another thing about his request, there may be the others that have their information that will not give it out because of the fact that they had to work to establish the relationship and be able to order from them. I can understand that as It is just like people that e-mail me every week wanting me to give them the contact information for my exporters in other countries. Do I give them the information? NO! I worked hard for my contacts and others should have to do so as well. Now there are some of my contacts that I will sell to people without a problem as I don't import from them any longer but they are still established contacts of mine but those people don't want to spend the money or years of work to get them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!