LA Reptiles - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:23 AM   #21
W.Wedeking
I would like to say I agree about what everyone has said reguarding sources and success.
In addition;
You may not realize it Bruce, but just like there are good and bad sellers, there are good and BAD customers.
Just today I was amazed (I don't know why, it happens all the time) that a customer emailed me and wanted to know if since they had previously purchased an item, they could have a DISCOUNT on another item. Everybody wants something for nothing. We get this all the time in one form or another. We go through great pains to offer both high quality supplies and animals at reasonable and competative pricing and I actually find these people very insulting.
It would be like you working your butt off for an hourly wage and at the end of the day your boss coming in and saying, "Do you think you could give me a discount?"
That is just one example, there are many many more. I am not even talking about the ones that write bad checks or have declined credit cards and call up yelling because they didn't get their order.
I would love to be in a situation where I could pick and choose exactly who I would deal with and if you think that makes a person "stuck up" then don't deal with them. Just remember, the customer isn't the only one with a choice.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:23 AM   #22
Wilomn
Doggone it, looks like I missed another meeting. Who voted to put bruce in charge and why wasn't I notified of the impending vote?

These things really need to made public sooner. If we must have someone making decisions for us I'd like to have some say in who it is and not just have some yahoo come on and start telling me/us what we can and cannot do.

Wes Pollock

Old 01-05-2004, 12:33 AM   #23
W.Wedeking
Quote:
I have to tell you all that what I personally dislike most about big time dealers and breeders is when they have a stuck up, I'm so great, holier than thou, she will only deal with me attitude.

Quote:
This is a free country and I will give out information as I so choose. I have read your complaint and I will render a judgement soon.
And now who is acting "holier than thou"?

Yes, it is a free country. You are certainly free to make an a$$ out of yourself anytime you feel like it.

There is also this thing called "courtesy"...even "professional courtesy" which I am sure LA Reptiles would be very appreciative of. I know I would be.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:43 AM   #24
Stardust
Bruce,
Why would you want to give out other peoples info? Who are you to decide what goes public or not?
I found your opinions to be just that, your opinions, until now.
Surely you have information you would not want broadcast all over the place.
I truly hope you think about your potential actions before you decide to act on them.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:48 AM   #25
brucestephenson
Don't you dare give out my sacred contact information Rosie!

Old 01-05-2004, 12:58 AM   #26
Stardust
Thats not the point Brucey and you know it. Or at least I hope you can figure it out.

Old 01-05-2004, 01:06 AM   #27
WebSlave
Someone give me at least one good reason why this thread should remain on the BOI or it gets moved......

I can't see one myself.

Old 01-05-2004, 01:07 AM   #28
Stardust
I can't think of one reason

Old 01-05-2004, 01:32 AM   #29
Ken Foose
I have met Chris from LA Reptile several times, and all of the workers there seem to be really nice people. However, upon asking if I could buy direct from them, I was very nicely told no. I am 100% retail, and therefore am not allowed to purchase from them, period. As a businessman, I totaly understand this policy. I do however buy from wholesalers that buy from LA Reptile, and am given a "heads up" on anything neat coming in or recently aquired, so I can still buy it, at a slightly higher price of course. I have no problem with their policy, it's like a food chain. I'm third on it. That's not bad at all.

Ok Rich, move this thing now. Have a great breeding season.

Old 01-05-2004, 02:05 AM   #30
DThomas
David, put this thread to bed please. Look in the phone book, find the number for whatever department handles business licenses in California and give them a call. They can then give you LA's contact info. They are a business, it is all public info. Now everyone go to bed and stop fighting...lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!