LA Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-05-2004, 02:07 AM   #31
DThomas
Just dawned on me, I am assuming LA stands for LA, California. If they are not in CA, look up the licensing department for whatever state they are in.

Old 01-05-2004, 06:03 AM   #32
KNOBTAIL
I am probably the only individual on this site

that can purchase from Chris or Gene and I know them both very well especially Chris. (since she was seventeen) . They dont need the money, and they dont need new customers, what they apparently need is some order in their life when it comes to doing business with people who claim they are wholesalers in the trade. Thats not an easy thing to do considering everyone seems to be a wholesaler in the trade! Chris is very set in her ways, and she prefers to accept business these days by way of introduction from another wholesaler not by a telephone call. Thats how she protects her clientell from people who are looking for a deal because of her prices.

If you are a legitimate wholesaler, have a place of business like Rob from RK, and would like to do business with LA Reptiles, you should have no problem in getting her fax of livestock availability, but otherwise, dont waste your time or hers, ....she has a good memory, and can be fickle at times. JERRY

Old 01-05-2004, 11:32 AM   #33
David R.
Put this to rest!

Someone suggested I put this thread to rest! How do I do that? I asked a simple question and was hoping for a simple answer. I am now strictly a wholesaler and was way back in the day when I was dealing with LA Reptile. You guys took this thread way off topic! Take a few deep breaths! Relax! If those of you who know the answer and could help me, and don't want to, that's fine. I can still find out by simply going to a little more trouble.

Thank you!

David Rivers

Attn: WebSlave
I ask that you please put this back on the BOI, where I started it for 24 hours, so that the guys and gals who want to have some more fun with it can do so! Then juse delete this entire thread!

Old 01-05-2004, 02:21 PM   #34
DThomas
Re: Put this to rest!

Quote:
Originally posted by David R.
Someone suggested I put this thread to rest! How do I do that?
Like I said before, just contact the licensing department of the state they do business in. Simple as that. One quick and easy phone call.

Old 01-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #35
Wilomn
Hey Jerry, thanks for the laugh. You are too funny sometimes. The only one out of over 7000 members that can buy from LA.

Did you have to have the doors on your house customized to get your head through too? I've seen some big heads here but I think that one takes the cake for now.

The only one....... hilarious.

Wes Pollock

Old 01-05-2004, 04:06 PM   #36
HerpVenue
Well from my point of view.....like anyone cares.

I am a NOBODY.
I am not even a business.
I do not think I am Hollier than thou.

But when I actually got into contact with a company who let me buy from them wholesale..... I was elated. Actually they had two companies. One was wholesale only the other is for retail only.

I would not give that information up. I worked hard for my one and only contact.
think about it.
I plan on being a business
Why in the world would I give my customers or any Joe Schmoe my contacts information?

If I was Wal-Mart....would I give my supplier list to Target?
Would I give the list to all my customers?
HELL NO !!!

Is it because I am mean? No
It is because business is business..
I might let my friends purchase (piggy back) on my order for a 10% fee. And they would still get Heck of a deal.

Unfortunately that company has been gone for a year or two.

Now.... I know an up and coming breeder who breeds ball python morphs and boa morphs.
And with him money talks. If you have 10 - 20k to spend..... You can pretty much buy the latest morphs at 30-65% off. Will I give his name up? HELL NO.
Is it because I am being mean? NO
1. Business is business
2. I do not want to be the cause of the market crashing down.
and so forth and so on.
3. He does not advertise his special prices.

The up and coming breeders.....AND sometimes the big breeders need cash quick.
Do you see them advertising on Kingsnake or any other venue? NO.
These "special" prices get e-mailed to close friends.
Is it because they/we are hollier than thou? No. it is called protecting the market.
part of the whole intrigue is to have something cool and expensive.
Will I really want a piebald if it was only $10? Probably not. I do not think they are that good looking. But because it is expensive.....I want it.

It is protecting the market and peoples lively hoods.

There was some fool posting recently that he was gonna sell albino granite burms for 250 or some ridiculous price. I am only a hobby and I was rather upset. I bet the breeders who read his cr@p was pretty gosh darn perturbed.

Old 01-05-2004, 04:48 PM   #37
KNOBTAIL
Wes. you never cease to amaze me.

but I would like to know if any other individual on this site has access to doing business with LA Reptiles. If so fine, but I doubt it.
I mentioned it only because I know them very well, and I happen to have supplied Chris when I was importing many years ago. This also goes for Burgandy Reptiles, Strictly Reptiles, Hank Molts Global Exotics, Bronx Reptiles, Stan Chiris Reptiles, and a whole host of other people who have been in the trade for some time.

Why its even necessary to say anything about the subject unless its pertinent is beyond me. As usual when you put your two cents in , it only worth that. But I would still like to know, if your so quick to respond to my thread. Please give me the name of 1 individual on this site who can do business with LA Reptles. and I will gladly rewrite and correct myself on this site, if not please dont get involved with things that you know nothing about.

Old 01-05-2004, 04:51 PM   #38
herpetological
Some of us have dealt with them for years. For me it's not a matter of protecting or hording secret contacts. It's a matter of courtesy to them. I have customers who ask me if it's ok to have a contact they know call me for wholesale prices. They understand that I spend a great deal of time explaining to "wanna be " dealers what I consider a wholesale order. I.E. 100 or more Iggie's not 12!

Old 01-05-2004, 05:18 PM   #39
Kevin Kaley
Re: I am probably the only individual on this site

Quote:
Originally posted by KNOBTAIL
that can purchase from Chris or Gene and I know them both very well especially Chris. (since she was seventeen) . They dont need the money, and they dont need new customers, what they apparently need is some order in their life when it comes to doing business with people who claim they are wholesalers in the trade. Thats not an easy thing to do considering everyone seems to be a wholesaler in the trade! Chris is very set in her ways, and she prefers to accept business these days by way of introduction from another wholesaler not by a telephone call. Thats how she protects her clientell from people who are looking for a deal because of her prices.

If you are a legitimate wholesaler, have a place of business like Rob from RK, and would like to do business with LA Reptiles, you should have no problem in getting her fax of livestock availability, but otherwise, dont waste your time or hers, ....she has a good memory, and can be fickle at times. JERRY
All Hail Jerry Tresser and his contacts.

Old 01-06-2004, 02:26 AM   #40
Ken Foose
I don't know why Jerrys post bothered me, but it did, so I will throw my own thoughts in on this. IF I were to decide to go into the wholesale herp business, I know for a fact that I could and might, if I choose, do business with LA Reptiles. I have to agree with Wes, it would be very odd if there is not someone who is a member of fauna who also does not do business with them. I guess I should not complain, since I have no ambition to sell reptiles wholesale, and therefore have no plans to buy from a jobber. But I know I could if I felt like it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!