Holy Crap - Someone Died - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #11
Fangthane
In the likely event that his post was dual-purpose, designed to both deflect and bait people into infractions, I should probably reiterate a part of the infraction system. It'd be a shame if he had his way and people got in trouble for their replies. We wouldn't want to feed into this guy's delusions of cleverness, so tread carefully while making your replies.
Attached Images

Old 10-15-2012, 03:01 AM   #12
Clay Davenport
This thread is about the incident with the eating contest, not about Jerry, his dealings with Ben, or his motivations for posting on this thread.
Let's keep it on topic here and discuss the other deal in the BOI threads where that topic belongs.
If you merely want to chastise Jerry for posting in this thread, then do so via PM.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:26 AM   #13
KNOBTAIL
Ono the subject of liability

I dont know what kind of legal protection Ben Siegel has or if he in fact has insurance. I do know that exposure to these kinds of midnight marquee's , in this case led to the death of a person.

Some form of restitution or settlement will be in the offing. Rest assured, With all the complaints that some individuals may have about this posting, the attorney's representing the plaintiffs will be far more devistating in there dealings with the operation of the premise, including and maybe not limited to other Fla. regulatory bodies stepping into the picture.. Dept of Health, Agriculture, etc. The name of the game is ASSETS. looking for money ! Tax returns , properties , personal wealth, will be scrutinzed before any final deal will be hammered out..........if in fact that is the avenue that one will take..

My take of course is bankruptcy. As soon as possible

I know that some of these attornies who specialize in representing those who have been injured or died in these cases, go for the deepest pockets to attempt to get as much financial restitution as possible... This may not be limited to the Siegels alone...

We do not know if these roaches were recently purchased, harvested or where they came from not to mention the condition they were kept in..

Attorney fees are very expensive and although I doubt this will go to trial, because settlement would be the fastest alternative. Bankruptcy would be the most advisable under these circumstances to halt any additional litigation.

Because of the amount of money that may be involved, I am uncertain if the bankruptcy has to be federal as state bankruptcies have limitations with may $ 150,000. This could run in the millions...2 surviving daughters, etc.

Hope your not owed any money from Ben !

Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #14
Madd Season Morphs
Very sad to hear someone has lost there life.. Thats the TOPIC of the thread right? Not Bens attorneys and roaches correct?

Old 10-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
viborero
I'm sorry, Mr. Tresser, but how did you become an expert in such matters? Why are you further polluting public perception with your half-baked misconceptions?

And do you really find it appropriate for someone so desperate to keep this thread on-topic to make a statement regarding monies that may or may not be owed to others by Mr. Siegel? You, Sir, are truly unbelievable.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #16
Bells
Roach eating stunts have been done on Fear Factor and other shows without any fatalities, what could cause someone to die from that? Was it an allergic reaction?

Old 10-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
RainDropExotics
If this is a post about the tragic life lost and the survivors (his daughters), attaching the link to the fund set up for them through this difficult time would be honorable and not seem like you wish you were kin to be a part of a possible "take him for all he's worth" If you do not get around to it later on today I will find it and gladly post it for those girls. I watched the video of Eddie eating the roaches as I'm sure everyone else has. He was stuffing them in his mouth faster than he could chew. I am unaware of any guns pointed to his back as her seemed to be enjoying conquering everyone around him. That may not have been the best idea and ultimately set the unfortunate outcome into place. Regardless, those two little girls are suffering now. Why not focus on turning to a positive solution what we can as a community rather than trying to further black ball a respected member trying to give a person the opportunity to acquire an animal that most would never be able to afford.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #18
Teatime
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDropExotics View Post
He was stuffing them in his mouth faster than he could chew.
That strategy may have been what ultimately caused the complications. I'm not an expert on roaches, but from shows like Fear Factor and just anecdotal knowledge, I seem to recall that you should always chew them so they don't end up alive in your stomach. If roaches can survive nuclear holocaust, they should be able to live for at least a while inside a body.

How shows like Fear Factor survive without being sued is to have extensive waivers, and I'm sure Ben covered everything with his.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #19
RainDropExotics
I believe it was. Everyone else seemed to be pacing themselves eating one at a time. Eddie was trying to squish the ones in his mouth with his hands pressing against his cheeks. That most certainly was an overwhelming factor possibly coupled with aspiration when he threw up in his mouth and choked it down in the end. He was a fighter and was going to win at all costs for that ivory. I just wish it wasn't at such a high price. May your soul be in peace,Eddie.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #20
KNOBTAIL
The purpose of the thred is to provide a warning about how animals including roaches or any other living thing should be dealt with not as an attraction for getting attention. I am surprised that it has taken this long for something to happen.. I have seen on to many occassions people walking around with snakes rapped around their necks in the street..This is an invitation for trouble. Certainly not good for those who fear snakes. Certainly not good for the industry.. Animals are unpredicatable. Anything can happen. In this case, a contest ended up with the cause of a death..

I am familair with these types of related situations... No I am not an expert, but I do about liabilites. Mr Siegel alnd his attention getting gimmicks have caught up with him... This is not the first time he has done this, but it will be the last. Ben is not a bad person, but anyone who needs to open there store at midnight to an act involving individuals to eat bugs, really should find alternatuve methods to promote themselves or there operation.

In this situation it was Ben Siegel reptiles. This has nothing to do with our personal differences on another matter... I own a business as many others do that has been trouble free from inspections, permit requirements, restrictions, etc,.. I am afraid all of this is going to change... Fla is not a firendly state any longer or a haven for the down and out herp dealer to escape to... This tragic incident just adds fuel to the herp haters. Bens actions, and his unconcerned approach to this nightime affair was not thought out well, was used for amusement, and resulted in a death..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!