Another joker from West Africa: nice try buddy! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:16 AM   #1
ReptileHQ
Another joker from West Africa: nice try buddy!

I'm not sure when these guys will learn or if anyone actually ever falls for these morons. Personally, I'm getting tired of getting responses from wanted ads I put up, getting excited about it for a brief while, only to find out its one of these scammers...anyway, check it out and enjoy!

So this is the ad I put up on a classifieds:

Wanted: Yangtze mamushis
Looking for Gloydius blomhoffi siniticus. I am mainly looking for a couple males. I would much rather them to be captive bred or born, but will consider LTC specimens.

Thank you,

Chris

Now his response, which seemed kind of harmless, but I did get somewhat alerted by the way he wrote "Gloydius blomhoffi siniticus couple males captive bred", but just figured oh well, lets see what else he has to say....

----- Original Message -----

To: info@reptilehq.com

Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2005 2:53 PM

Subject: Gloydius blomhoffi siniticus couple males captive bred

Hello

I wish to know if you still need the Gloydius blomhoffi siniticus couple males captive bred . Because I have them here for sale and I will give any to you if you promise me you will take adequate care of it.

Happy New Year

Kimbi

My reponse:

To: kimbiernest@excite.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 20:12:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Gloydius blomhoffi siniticus couple males captive bred

Hi Kimbi,

yes, I am still looking for 2 males, however I need the siniticus subspecies.

There are lots of ussuriensis kicking around these days, but I've had a tough time finding siniticus...

They will get the best of care, they are actually for a very special project...

Let me know,

Thank you,

Chris

And now the idiot exposes himself:

Hello,
Thanks for the mail.Here is a pic of the Gloydius blomhoffi siniticus couple males captive bred .I will give you the two for $1500 including shipping and vet certificates.Iam located in Cameroon.Shipping to your destination shall be done using Jet-A-Petshipping Lines which will take a maximum of 72hours to reach you and will be deliver to you at your door.
If your are o.k, please get to us as soon as possible .We accept payment through international money transfer(western union) , money gram or money line.

We hope to establish a very good and friendly business relationship with you and that you help promote our business in your country after you receive these Gloydius blomhoffi siniticus couple males captive bred .

Kind Regards

And heres where I finish him:

Hi Kimbi,

I've been in the reptile business for over 20 years. Do you actually think I'd be stupid enough to send $1500 to a lowlife scammer like you?

The snakes are actually worth $50 each if you actually even know what they are. I get responses to my ads from morons like you every once in a while. Have fun in "Cameroon" and you should find a different hobby, because you aren't any good at this one.

Kind Regards

Chris

I used to entertain myself a lot more with these guys, but now they are just getting very annoying

TO EVERYONE:

Be very careful and aware of garbage like this if you aren't already are. This kind of stuff is not needed in our hobby.

Here is his e-mail for now: kimbiernest@excite.com ....something to watch out for....

Chris Riedinger

Old 01-03-2005, 11:01 AM   #2
DragonCharm
People do fall for this type of thing quite often, if they didn't these guys would stop trying.....sad really.

Old 01-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #3
Reptilian man
Idiot

What an absolut idiot glad u noticed that thnx
Reptilian man

Old 01-03-2005, 12:05 PM   #4
RyanT
Great...

Guess I can stop awaiting a response to this:

Hello
I wish to know if you still need the Adult Female Pastel Contorix because I have it here for sale and will give it you if you promise me you will take adequate care of it.
Happy New Year
Kimbi

I wonder if they want $750 for a copperhead too.

Old 01-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #5
miamireps
Well if you think about it, its not a bad deal, how about if he is legit? I know of a breeder in Cameroon as a matter of fact.
Two snakes shipped, cleared, broker payment, FREIGHT from Cameroon, cost of transit papers, crate charge, fuel surcharges, and paperwork fees for both his fish and wildlife, and ours, should amount to close to 1500.00 , hell maybe he is making 100.00 bucks on the snakes...........ever think of it like that, the way to verify is ask for pictures.....and if he is to have them cleared, etc....and delivered to your door and say your not in a port of entry, then hell, its a bargain......the snakes dont even factor in!
But there is one breeder in cameroon who exports cb and wc animals, that he catches himself or breeds, and there is supposed to be another.......

Old 01-03-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
miamireps
Also, broker fee PLUS him arranging you get them at your door(which is illegal, but in Cameroon they might not know that, they dont only breed venomous) is about 250.00 bucks in itself
fish and wildlife- 55.00, overtime is more
frieght-about 650-750 aprox
crate- 35.00 (almost standard overseas cost)
paperwork on his end about 50-100 bucks
snakes-100.00? 150.00? even if they are 50.00 here....then you should be able to find them easily...
just throwing options up............some of these guys are legit, not all, but some, you just have to know who is who.....best way is ask for animal on newpaper that you can see the date

Old 01-03-2005, 01:11 PM   #7
cthulhu77
".....best way is ask for animal on newpaper that you can see the date"

That is an excellent idea...had never thought of it !
greg

Old 01-03-2005, 01:40 PM   #8
miamireps
Its pretty useful when an exporter says they have something "hot" and want to get deposit for it, like albino savannahs, albino niles, albino boas, etc......youask them to take a pic of it in a newspaper, with the date , and you will see who is just wanting money to start up another "regular" shipment, or who has the good stuff

Old 01-03-2005, 02:37 PM   #9
RyanT
That does sound like a reasonable idea. I could maybe see them having a Chinese snake in Africa (Don't ask me why. Like China's really that much closer to West Africa than we are.) But I wonder how common it would be for them to have a North American Southern Copperhead. Could be the next clue as to whether they're legit or not. Doesn't really concern me now though cause I'm not gonna do business with someone that far away. Way too much litigation and extra money. Just an idea in case anyone's looking for more evidence.

Old 01-03-2005, 07:06 PM   #10
miamireps
Well there are phoneys and legit people in every corner of the world breeding animals. Hell, I just helped pack an export to MOZAMBIQUE....in it was 500 water dragons, 50 +mountain horn lizards, banana frogs, tokays, and other stuff....like pacmans, corns, kings,,,,,
now who would want that in mozambique in those numbers? A exporter looking to expand, may not have good business sense, but to him it is, lol.
Mike

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!