Another joker from West Africa: nice try buddy! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-25-2005, 11:47 AM   #91
SPZOOLOGICAL
Also....apologies to those who might be offended by the tone in the letter to the scammer. I'm not THAT kind of a person. I was just trying to teach this "DUDE" a lesson.

Sean

Old 01-26-2005, 12:53 AM   #92
snakegetters

Ya got him! Good shot there, pardner. I'm about to go on my own little safari and see what I can bag.

Old 01-26-2005, 12:57 AM   #93
SPZOOLOGICAL
It's fun, and I encourage everyone to do it!

Happy Hunting! :deer:

Old 01-26-2005, 09:16 AM   #94
cka
This thread has been a riot...Don't remember which one of you "was totally being disrespected by the price change on the klingon Stryker" (i think) but THATS funny lol...

Old 01-26-2005, 11:32 AM   #95
miamireps
Ummmmm
I ran the routing numbers on the bottom of the moeny order and they are LEGIT!!!! Do you know what you have done?!
Lol, just kidding....fake as can be.
These people must be screwing more people than we think, not only the people they try to buy from with fake checks, money orders, etc, but from fed ex and others. Probably set up accounts with fake names and fed ex bills them but that person doesnt exist.
Shame.

Old 01-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #96
SPZOOLOGICAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamireps
Ummmmm
I ran the routing numbers on the bottom of the moeny order and they are LEGIT!!!! Do you know what you have done?!
Lol, just kidding....fake as can be.
Ah ha haha hahahaha! Ah ha ha ha ha hahaha!

Funny thing is the Remitter of the check is "Steve Stone". I'm like, "I know that guy, he's my cousin". I have a cousin named "Steve Stone". All these "white boy" names in Lagos Nigeria.

Steve Stone
John Smith
John Paul
George Abbey

It smells of scam a mile away with false ficticious official titles like "Senior Accountant" and "Personal Assistant".

If you notice on the back of the check it's photocopied, but fades towards the bottom. They did a pretty good job on the check, but the routing numbers are definitely off. The document also lacks the serated edge, and it feels thicker than any check or MO.

I had that Kemi, or Kembi guy e-mailing me, but I haven't heard from him in awhile. Recently I was solicited by a woman who says that she has $18 mil, and she needs me to help her get this money LOL. We'll see....

Sean

Old 01-26-2005, 12:40 PM   #97
freezeframeplus
Good job you guys! I can't help but wonder on how many people out there fell to thic kind of scam??? Thanks again for all of the posts in this thread! It was awesome

Priscilla Neergaard

Old 01-26-2005, 01:08 PM   #98
Tripple H Herps
Sean,
Nice job man. I think allot of people have been doing this - or at least I know I email them funny little things...lol
Thanks, Jim

Old 01-26-2005, 06:59 PM   #99
snakegetters
Bad news. Or good news depending on how you look at it. Looks like Kimbi isn't playing any more. I sent him a nice polite inquiry about snakes for sale under a fake name and email address, and there has been absolutely no response. Oh well. Less fun for me, but maybe that's one scammer that has learned a painful lesson about messing with herpers.

Old 01-26-2005, 07:39 PM   #100
JonD
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakegetters
Bad news. Or good news depending on how you look at it. Looks like Kimbi isn't playing any more. I sent him a nice polite inquiry about snakes for sale under a fake name and email address, and there has been absolutely no response. Oh well. Less fun for me, but maybe that's one scammer that has learned a painful lesson about messing with herpers.
I'm quite sure the names will change but the game won't. He'll be at it again no doubt There are plenty of people out there to fall prey to this individual, and other's like him. Sad but true...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!