Another joker from West Africa: nice try buddy! - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #111
AszPickle
Cameroon

I seem to have the worst luck when looking for ball pythons...everytime i reply to an ad i get some one who is horrible at speaking english and ends up say OK after every 10 words lol. Now im aware im not one to talk about my english but still if i can spot it thats saying something. It seems alot of them come from cameroon and have delt with 3 so far. the name escapes me but i remember the e-mail pythonbreaders@yahoo.com i believe. only thing i can say is watch out for yahoo e-mails or basicly anything you can easily mass e-mail accounts with and avoid the "I will give you her if you promise to take very good care of her OK". I avoid talking to anyone claiming to be from cameroon and asking for a wire transfer or moneygram. they also have killed the word ok for me now. i have only run accross one that was clever he made one mistake well two if you count not relying to me after i called him out.
Hes claiming his wife was killed and has a collection of albino,pied,royal,and a spider royal pythons for sale and will send them to me for the shipping cost. now it sounds good and legit just a bit suspicious but hey i just delt with 2 africans. He messed up when he canged the amount he was trying to get rid of and then decided to ignore me after i asked about it and asked him to use paypal.
watch out for him hes alot more clever then africans.
he goes by ricardo mancini (rmancini22@hotmail.com)

Old 02-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #112
bsash
Quote:
Originally Posted by AszPickle View Post
I seem to have the worst luck when looking for ball pythons...everytime i reply to an ad i get some one who is horrible at speaking english and ends up say OK after every 10 words lol. Now im aware im not one to talk about my english but still if i can spot it thats saying something. It seems alot of them come from cameroon and have delt with 3 so far. the name escapes me but i remember the e-mail pythonbreaders@yahoo.com i believe. only thing i can say is watch out for yahoo e-mails or basicly anything you can easily mass e-mail accounts with and avoid the "I will give you her if you promise to take very good care of her OK". I avoid talking to anyone claiming to be from cameroon and asking for a wire transfer or moneygram. they also have killed the word ok for me now. i have only run accross one that was clever he made one mistake well two if you count not relying to me after i called him out.
Hes claiming his wife was killed and has a collection of albino,pied,royal,and a spider royal pythons for sale and will send them to me for the shipping cost. now it sounds good and legit just a bit suspicious but hey i just delt with 2 africans. He messed up when he canged the amount he was trying to get rid of and then decided to ignore me after i asked about it and asked him to use paypal.
watch out for him hes alot more clever then africans.
he goes by ricardo mancini (rmancini22@hotmail.com)
You know, I actually fell for his scam and lost $230 to him. I have just been posting around every where to let people know about him. I do give him that though, he is much more clever than the people from Africa. I really wished that you would have posted this just two days earlier though, I read these sites all the time, I finally joined when I seen this though. But if you would have posed this two days earlier, I would have never sent the money. But, I guess we live and learn, right? I appreciate you posting too, it is good to try and help others from having it done to them. Granted, they will change their e-mail, get a new name, and start all over again.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #113
reptileclan
When I first started the reptile rescue I posted an ad on craigslist. I got a response from a guy who said he worked in a lab, had ordered two spitting cobras that he didn't need, and would I be willing to take them in, even included pics, if I would take good care of "his babies". He seemed legit, but when I told him I was still working on getting my "hot" license, he said he hoped I could take them now anyway. Nope, sorry guy, I don't know what you're trying to pull, but I'm outta here. Never heard from him again.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #114
bsash
Yeah, I reported him to www.buyandsell.com because that is where he is posting his ads for the ball pythons, and they are just scams, they deleted his account. I reported him to my local police department, and his. As well, I gave the police all of the emails, the ad of his from www.buyandsell.com, and I reported him to hotmail.com, because that is the email service he is using to scam people. Again, I know that he will just get a new name, and email, and start right back up again. Better yet, if he is to ever get caught that would really make my day. I am not going to hold my breath waiting for that to happen, but like I said, just by putting the word out there makes me feel better. Hopefully, it will help some one, even though it was too late for me, I don't want to see it happen to anyone else.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!