Another joker from West Africa: nice try buddy! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 01-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #11
LotsaPetsGarfHt
Thanks for his e-mail addy

Lets see if he responds to my request for some rare lizards Uwangi fallinoffi....bet he has them if I'm willing to pay the price.

Old 01-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #12
miamireps
Just ask for proof......I am not saying the guy in question is legit( I havent heard of him) but there are people overseas who breed even corns and offer them to me with shipments of their native stuff. Its pretty funny actually, but hey they accomplished something that in their country hasnt been yet.

Old 01-04-2005, 11:38 AM   #13
LotsaPetsGarfHt
He's a scammer, I already got a reply!

Subject: RE: Looking for rare lizards Uwangi fallenoffi
Date: 1/4/2005 9:44:48 A.M. Central Standard Time
Reply To:
To: LotsaPetsGarfHts@aol.com
CC:
BCC:
Sent on:

Sent from the Internet (Details)
Internet Address Card Attached

Hello,
Thanks for the mail.
I have six Uwangi fallenoffi young ones .I can supply you with any number you desire.
Iam going to give you six Uwangi fallenoffi young ones for $500 including shipping .If you urgently need them, get back to me as soon as possible cause i have to go to a collection trip on the 8th of this month.
best regards

I already replied with the following:

Hi,
Wow thanks for your reply, Do you really have 6 young Uwangi fallenoffi? $500.00 is quite reasonable. I will need all of your information so I can send payment, including how I can send it.

John

I'm gonna play with this one!

Old 01-04-2005, 11:48 AM   #14
Jungle Gems
Unsolicited Importation/Exportation Offers

I usually receive several of these in my inbox on a weekly basis... few being legitimate (like Animal Kingdom out of Egypt). I received a new one the other day and apparently I am one among a group of the elite few who can order pteradactyls, "garden wolves" and gnomes. Where do I sign up?! Frustration aside, some of these e-mails can be quite entertaining.

Jennifer Webb
(Jungle Gems)

Old 01-04-2005, 06:51 PM   #15
LotsaPetsGarfHt
He wrote back with his information

Subject: Re: Looking for rare lizards Uwangi fallenoffi
Date: 1/4/2005 11:55:51 A.M. Central Standard Time
Reply To:
CC:
BCC:
Sent on:

Internet Address Card Attached

Hello,
Thanks for the mail.The fastest way for me to receive money is through the Western Union Money Transfer through the below address. First Name:Kimbi Ernest
Last Name:Musa
City:Bamenda
The test question of the money transfer should be
How's the weather?
Answer
Just great
When you do so send me back transfer details and your full address so that i collect the money and effect shipping immediately .I will ship to you using Jet-A-Petshipping Lines which will take a maximum of 72hours to reach you and will be deliver to you at your door.
Best Regards
Kimbi

Now the fun begins.....

Old 01-04-2005, 07:02 PM   #16
LotsaPetsGarfHt
My reply

Kimbi,
Did you say you were going collecting? Look I might be able to use some other stuff what do you think you might be collecting? I could use some Mambas, cobras, and any other vipers you might be able to get. Money is no object as long as you can provide me with animals. I have a zoo here and I have trouble getting some animals from your country so this could be a good thing, please tell me what else you have.
I do need to make sure you have the Uwangi fallenoffi because another lizard Uwangi rotonoffi is really commen and not very expensive. The fallenoffi is green with red stripes bordered in black where rotonoffi is green but has no stripes.
Do you want this in US dollars or can I use Canadian dollars? We were just in Canada gambling last weekend and I won a lot of Canadian dollars, but I haven't had a chance to turn them in yet.

Thanks,
John

Old 01-05-2005, 11:00 AM   #17
LotsaPetsGarfHt
Kimbis reply

Date: 1/5/2005 9:23:26 A.M. Central Standard Time
Reply To:
CC:
BCC:
Sent on:

Hello,
Thanks for the mail.I have only the lizards Uwangi fallenoffi.But after you receive these ones I will check if I can get any of the things you asked.I want the money in Canadian Dollars.I wish to establish a good and friendly business relationship with you after you receive the 6 Uwangi fallenoffi .So you can go right now and transfer the money and send me back transfer details so that i can collect the money and effect shipping immediately .Don't forget to send me your full address.The plane will soon be leaving Cameroon to the U.S in less than 24hours from now and I will like that these lizards enter this plane so that you can receive them on Friday morning at your door. Waiting to get from you.
Kimbi

Well he's not greedy, I opened up the bank and he didn't try to rob it! He's not too bright though, he'll take the Canadian dollars. I don't know what the rate of exchange is but he's taking a loss at $500.00 American vs Canadian. Gotta run to Western Union the plane leaves Cameroons for the US in 24 hours. Below is my reply.

Kimbi,
I don't suppose You could e-mail me a photo of yourself holding a Uwangi fallenoffi? It would really help me feel better to know you weren't mistaken and have Uwangi rotonoffi, I'd just like to be sure.
Thank you for being kind enough to accept the Canadian dollars as payment, I knew I should have turned them in Canada but my wife was in a hurry to get home and wouldn't let me stop at the money exchange.
I am going to Western Union today to wire the money, please send a photo if you can, if they are not the right lizards you will send my money back, right?
I wish you had more to send at this time since I will still have lots of Canadian dollars to spend , if you could send a list of things you are going to collect that would be great.

Many Thanks,
John

Old 01-05-2005, 08:13 PM   #18
LotsaPetsGarfHt
More mail from Kimbi

Date: 1/5/2005 11:32:49 A.M. Central Standard Time
Reply To:

Hello,
Thanks for the mail.I am giving you the Uwangi fallenoffi which are green with red stripes bordered in black .I have already prepared the lizards for them to be ship.You need to be fast to wire the money so that I can collect it and use part of it to pay shipping charges,the plane will soon be leaving,so make the money transfer fast.I will send you the list of the things I will collect after returning from the collection trip.I hope to establish a good and friendly business relationship with you and hope you will promote my business in your country after you receive these Uwangi fallenoffi . I require your full address,contact number and postal address.I will write your full postal address ,your phone number and your email address on package to avoid any lost on the way. Then also I will write on the package that it is a gift and for study,no commercial value.

Waiting to get from you.

Kimbi

undefinedI can't wait to hear he didn't get my money, I'm going to tell him he answered the question wrong the answer was "lousy we had an ice storm last night". He did assure me the had Uwangi fallenoffi, and not Uwangi rotonoffi. I feel so much better knowing I'm going to have the real thing delivered to my door Friday. My answer is below.

Kimbi,
I wired $500.00 Canadian dollars to you this morning I used your test question, about the weather. I wish you would send a picture of you holding one so I could be sure you have the right lizards, but they have to make that plane so we have to hurry. My full name and address is:

John Brown
4256 Lone Tree Lane
Garfton Heights, New York 14201

Phone (412) 563-9412

I am looking forward to finally seeing Uwangi fallenoffi, and having it at my zoo. I just hope they're not Uwangi rotonoffi, they're a dime a dozen here.

Thanks,
John

Old 01-05-2005, 08:22 PM   #19
nat_r
... its like reading a soap opera or a real tv drama....

Old 01-06-2005, 12:17 AM   #20
snakegetters
A year ago I was producing those regularly. I have one male left but I think it's spoken for.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!