need advice - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-05-2005, 10:19 AM   #1
Buddylove
need advice

Hello Everyone,

I just found Fauna Classifieds yesterday and am thrilled to find a place to discuss iggy issues.
I received a rescued iguana for my b-day in September. I believe him to be about 4 years old. He came with an innappropriate enclosure(which is now for sale and suitable for smaller reptiles), fluorescent lights and a branch. I have re-outfitted him with a new home and heating/lighting needs. His diet now consists primarily of collard, dandelion and mustard greens, with some squash, parsnips, greenbeans and strawberries on a less frequent basis. I do read everything I can, but would like some practical advice from you. From everything I have read he should be going to the bathrooom everyday. He usually goes every four days. He looks much healthier now and has more energy, but the potty habit remains. Any thoughts?
I'm also searching for a vet. I know of several vets in the state, but do not want to choose blindly. If you live in NH and have a vet you love, please forward.
Any help you can give is appreciated.
Thanks,
Aileen

Old 02-03-2005, 09:25 PM   #2
Laura
do you have a container with a few inches of water in it large enough for him to fit into? iguanas like to poo in water if it's available to them.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:51 PM   #3
Sunnie116
What size is the tank? I am planning on getting a Bearded Dragon and so far I only have a 20 gallon, suitable for a while but i'll need atleast a 40.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!