Kineesa 12/23/97 - 3/15/06 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 03-17-2006, 02:51 PM   #11
Lucille
Paul,
She was the cutest puppy!!! And she was lucky to have you as her family. I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 03-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #12
Denisebme
Paul,
I am so sorry for your loss. I know I was in tears reading your tribute, what a beautiful love you had for this girl.
Denise

Old 03-17-2006, 07:58 PM   #13
PaulSage
Thanks everyone. It was actually a really nice day outside here. It even warmed up to a balmy 38* and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Actually felt like Spring. Anyway, the people at the crematorium were really nice. I had expected to go sit in a room somewhere and wait until it was all over, but they actually let people stay right there for the whole thing. It was nice being able to pet her one last time, but watching them put her in the oven was a little rough. It was just her body though, a body that wasn't good enough for her anyway.

I knew that losing a dog was going to be really hard, but I had no idea it would be this hard on me. I didn't even cry at my dad's funeral. Anyway, I got back to my mom's to put her ashes next to Winnie's on the mantle, and when I walked in mom's bird said, "Kineesa go out?" I just told him yeah, she went out. Then he said, "I'm sorry. It's okay, I'll be quiet." He's known all of those phrases for quite a while, but it always shocks me when he manages to use them appropriately. He actually was quiet enough for me to take a nap before coming home. Normally if I fall asleep there, the little bastard is screaming "Bad kitty! Get off the table." or something like that.

Old 03-17-2006, 11:59 PM   #14
PaulSage
I found a few more pictures today. Sorry they're not the greatest. They're scans of 3x5's taken with an old 35 and a disposable.

This is Kineesa when she was about 4 months old. It's kind of hard to see through the kennel, but she apparently "grew into" her ears at some point.

And this is the only picture we have of Kineesa and Cooper together. I don't know when it was taken, but my mom's best friend Lorraine gave it to her today.

Lorraine has two dachsunds of her own and keeps threatening to steal Cooper. It wouldn't be too hard, he'd happily go home with a complete stranger as long as they pet him.

Old 03-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #15
jglass38
Paul, sorry for your loss but thanks for sharing. Its always touching to see the love that people have for their animals. I too never cried for my dad during his year long fight with cancer or after his death but when one of my cats died suddenly a few months ago it tore me up inside. Our pets make all the difference in the world in our lives. You did great by Kineesa and she loved you for it.

Jamie

Old 03-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #16
Xelda
I offer my condolences. It's obvious Kineesa had a good life. Your post had me crying because I understand how important it was for you to be there when she died. My dog Ruby died while I was studying overseas two years ago. I found out about it through the phone. She was my first dog. I remember doing so many things with her when I was growing up, entering her in dog contests at school, letting her make new dog friends, taking her on family trips, showing her pictures to everyone I knew. She lived to the age of 13 and died peacefully in her sleep. It was probably the best way for her to go, but more than anything, I wish I got to say goodbye.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:35 PM   #17
Denisebme
Paul,
As horrible as this sounds, I didn't cry at my dads funeral either. I cried the morning he died, and plenty while he was sick, but not at the funeral.
On the other hand, I inheireted a cat when my brother died 19 years ago, he was a year old when he came to live with me (and I am not really a cat person), when I lost him 2 years ago, I was an absolute, on my knees mess.
Peoples sometimes under-rate the impact these animals we are owned by have on our life, and some animals really aren't pets, they are family members.
I'm glad you're doing OK.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!