Moderator wanted for this forum - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 03:27 AM   #1
WebSlave
Moderator wanted for this forum

I am looking for someone to take over the moderator position for THIS forum.

What I am looking for is someone to spark discussions and be there to answer questions when they are posted in YOUR forum. You will be expected to be actively involved and participating in the forum to get other people interested in participating as well. Your role as a moderator will be to keep the peace when things get a little out of hand, but this does not mean that you can force your opinions on anyone else by using the powers of the moderator to do so. I don't need more headaches, so a moderator should MODERATE and not cause or initiate conflict.

Periodically your participation will be audited to see how effective you are at doing the job you are asked to do. One requirement will be that there are already some posts made by you within your forum of choice to show me that you already have an interest and some experience in the topic matter.

You are not required to be an expert. You are expected to be enthusiastic about the animals you are discussing and to be helpful to other people posting there. The whole idea of this is to breathe some life into those stagnant discussion forums that abound on this site.

All members applying for and chosen for this task will be given a free Benefactor level membership for their efforts. If you are already a Benefactor level member, then it will be upgraded to an Endowment level. If you are one of the few with an Endowment level, well heck, I don't know what to offer you. Throw an idea at me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Contact me via private message if you are interested in applying. Remember only ONE moderator per discussion forum and a member can only have ONE forum as moderator. If a sufficiently moving argument can be made for it, I would consider two moderators per forum, but I really only want one member to have the responsibility for ONLY ONE forum.

If you apply and given this position, you are expected to hold up your end of the deal. If I find that you are not, then you will be removed without notice and the position offered to someone else. This is NOT a freebie. I am looking for help with the discussion forums and offering you an opportunity to help make them better. So I am offering the higher level paid memberships as incentive for you to consider this offer.

Only members who are current or past paid members will be accepted for the positions. Since a higher level paid membership will be granted to those people accepted for the mod positions, I do not want to bypass the verification process for the BOI that this was designed to help with by skipping over it via the moderator positions.

For more info and details, please check out this thread in the Feedback forum -> http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=77057

Please contact me via private message if you are interested in applying.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread