ANOUNCEMENT! New 2007 Policies! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
High End Herps Inc
ANOUNCEMENT! New 2007 Policies!

I am not sure if this is the right forum to put this in but I wanted to make an announcement pertaining to a new concept we are launching in 2007 aimed at helping all low-income herpers to acquire the morphs or rare species, pets, breeders, etc, that they want or desire.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the statement we recently posted on our website:

2007 NEW POLICIES!!
We are very excited to announce our latest "pro-herper" concept that will be launched Jan, 01, 2007. As we care about all herpers great and small we decided to launch a new policy aimed at all low-income herpers around the globe. Basically what it boils down to is this: If you are a reptile lover that is not a member of an enormous tax bracket, this is the policy for YOU. For dedicated herpers with average incomes the rare and beautiful high end morphs are not out of your reach. We want to make it not only possible but in fact easy for any herper with any budget to not only have the incredible and rare species and morphs as pets, but also to make lucrative investments that will pay off for them in a very big way and make it possible for them to make wonderful, considerable supplemental income by way of doing something they love doing. Any herper with a verified low income (by demographic definition) is qualified to receive any of our animals at HALF OFF our normally low prices. Thats correct folks, we are here for everybody. Please inquire for more details if you feel you apply. All inquiries and resulting sales are 100% confidential. All our animals are available on the "Half Off" policy. All "Half Off" accounts are available on our incredibly easy Payment Plan described below on this page (of our website). Happy Herping folks and future customers from High End Herps Inc

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you or someone you know is a good, dedicated herper that happens to have a relatively low income don't hesitate to contact us and we can help you to get what you need. We can help to get you set up in breeding so as to generate extra income that will enable you to afford the better things in life. It's really all very easy and we'll be there every step of the way to help you. Not just with breeding and husbandry, but with caging, rodent breeding systems, business advice, marketing, etc. Please go to our website when you get the opportunity and read a little about what we do.

We're looking forward to hearing from each and every one of you.
David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc

Old 12-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
Griz
David, that's an interesting concept. I don't quite know what to think about it. My initial response is simply this..... Because I pay out a much larger portion of my paycheck to the tax God's, that somehow this makes it acceptable to gouge me, as compared to those in a lower tax bracket, when it comes to the pricing of animals.

I don't know, maybe my initial response here is more knee jerk then anything, but from what I just read, it would make me think twice about buying from you since I already know that your prices are inflated by 100%. Probably not the best marketing ploy.

Griz

Old 12-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
Chameleon Company
Phew !!

Quote:
Griz writes:
....... Probably not the best marketing ploy.
Ya think ! If and when I get an email from a "potential customer" asking me if I have income-adjusted price brackets for the same animal, I will know who to blame ! Louisiana ... Huey Long ..... some ideas don't die easy. Good luck Dave .

Old 12-11-2006, 03:03 PM   #4
kmurphy
I addition to the fact, as Griz pointed out, you've effectively lowered your prices by 50%, there are other issues. You would need to be a little more specific as to the income guidelines. There is more to the cost of caring for herps than the original purchase price. I would think that someone with a verifyably low income may also have trouble paying for proper care.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #5
clarinet45
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
I addition to the fact, as Griz pointed out, you've effectively lowered your prices by 50%, there are other issues. You would need to be a little more specific as to the income guidelines. There is more to the cost of caring for herps than the original purchase price. I would think that someone with a verifyably low income may also have trouble paying for proper care.

I wholeheartly agree, I often refuse sales when customers tell me that they are 'breaking the bank' just buying a dragon. A big deal when most of my dragons only go for $75 and their setup can cost over $200.
I disagree though that ball pythons are in the same bracket. They are low maintience and high profit. Vet bills are a concern though.

I don't know what to think, personally, about David's new system. Are these people then compelled to offer the same approtunity to their customers when they breed?
I am middle class and I have no idea why anyone would want an animal basicly on a 'pity' sale. Sorry, that's just the way i take it. They should just save up for a pretty pet [they will be cheaper by the time they save up anyway] or get out a small business loan or do a payment plan. 50% off just seems a bit much.

I'm sure you mulled it all over David, I'm just rambling. You have a great site and great animals. I wish you all the luck in the world!

Old 12-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #6
Mister Internet
How does one "verify" that someone has a low income purely through "demographic definition"? Isn't this going to have to involve tax paperwork or pay stubs? I'm not sure this is the type of information one would be comfortable passing along to a reptile breeder, nor am I sure you have a legal right to request it. Dunno though... just leaves a weird taste in my mouth.

Plus, this would be INCREDIBLY easy to fake... are you going to use background checks or credit checks to verify authenticity?

Old 12-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
High End Herps Inc
Post to Sara

Thanks for the well wishes and for your nice, positive post Sara.

Yes, this idea/concept will certainly work very well. Already I have gotten a huge response about this from folks that otherwise are unable to afford the nice morphs that they have always wanted. I generally tend to believe that most people are honest and I will usually take someone at face value and give them a chance without just automatically distrusting or disbelieving them.

I also feel that this opportunity enables the less privileged, whom often work MUCH harder to make a living than the upper classes, to make some lucrative investments that can make them 10 to 20-fold their investment in less than 3 years and thus they can then have a better, more rewarding life. Sometimes people just need a little 'leg-up' in life. And I'm here to give it to them. I help anyone with breeding whether they buy from me or not.

Thanks again for your positive post Sara. You get half off on any of our 07 animals just for being a decent human being with an optimistic outlook on life. Too bad everyone couldn't be like you.

David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc

Old 12-11-2006, 08:18 PM   #8
Cat_72
Well, I think it's a great concept, but I've always been a firm believer in the idea of if you can't afford the initial purchase of the animal, how are you going to pay for the proper care, setup, etc.....especially when touting the huge profit people can make in 2-3 years, don't you think that could be setting people's expectations a bit high? From my understanding, (please correct me if I am wrong) most of the animals you deal with are the very large snakes (retics, burms), which can be very expensive to feed and house properly....then to feed and house the offspring of that pair until they are sold? I've been in this "business" for a few years now, and I have yet to make a REAL profit, more less doubling or tripling my investments.

Believe me, I understand not being able to afford the brand new high dollar morphs, I have scrimped and saved for what I have....but I fear that a deal like this may open up a whole new can of worms that you may not be prepared for. Verifying that someone's income is actually what they say it is can be an interesting and difficult venture in itself.

That and, well, as Griz said, is it going to hurt your sales from those who actually CAN afford the higher priced animals, but know that you could be selling them for a lot less but choose to price them higher based on what they can afford to pay?

Like I said, it's a great concept.....but I think it needs some more contemplation before implementation.

Old 12-11-2006, 08:27 PM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by High End Herps Inc
Thanks again for your positive post Sara. You get half off on any of our 07 animals just for being a decent human being with an optimistic outlook on life. Too bad everyone couldn't be like you.

David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc
You go sara ^_^

I think this is a cool idea too and im interested in how it will turn out. Since this idea is aimed at people like myself, i am somewhat intrigued as to how it all works out. There are some animals ive been interested in and maybe this is the way to go? Maybe once i get one things all finished up with another user here, ill look into this too.

Youre going to be making alot of people REALLY happy methinks!!

Old 12-11-2006, 08:53 PM   #10
High End Herps Inc
Set in stone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
I think this is a cool idea too and im interested in how it will turn out. Since this idea is aimed at people like myself, i am somewhat intrigued as to how it all works out. There are some animals ive been interested in and maybe this is the way to go? Maybe once i get one things all finished up with another user here, ill look into this too.

Youre going to be making alot of people REALLY happy methinks!!
Email me any time and I'll explain in greater detail how it works and I'll help you to get a nice breeding group going that will certainly pay off in 2 to 3 years. I also help all my customers with cheap but effective caging systems, locating inexpensive food sources, marketing their offspring, web design, breeding information and of course an overall comprehensive business plan, all sure to help one succeed. All free.

Honestly, if any of my customers or even occasional herpers that ask for and use my advice should ever fail in their breeding endeavors I would take it as a personal failure on my part in my duty to assist them in their success. When done correctly, the only way to fail in reptile breeding is if your breeding stock dies. If you obtain your breeding stock from a 'clean, pure source', such as from our closed colonies, and you never cross contaminate them with reptiles from unknown sources with unknown histories then your colony will also remain healthy for their natural lifespans.

I am opening a franchise near you Alicia in NH. Perhaps you will be able to make a short drive to hand pick your stock should you decide to go this route.

Let me know what I can do to help.
David Beauchemin
High End Herps Inc

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread