Freezing animals - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
suzuki4life
Freezing animals

I have moved onto rabbits for my larger snakes. I have a dedicated freezer for the rabbits and rats. Rats are now being mostly bred in house since I have moved onto rabbits and the rat colony is being allowed to grow. I do not feel worried about issues with mites, fleas or other related issues with the rats because I know their history. However, the rabbits come straight from auction. They are killed, washed and then froze.

How long should I be keeping them frozen to kill parasites?

I am at roughly the 5-7 day mark right now. When breeding season picks up in the spring, prices will drop and I will have a surplus to allow longer wait times.

what time frame is ideal?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!