Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 06:32 PM   #121
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Burns
Wow! A bit of a stretch don't you think? By this standard it would always be ok to misrepresent and sell bad animals as long as you can get the customer to waive your TOS by 'any means necessary'. Are these the types of sales pitches you like to document in your e-mails? As long as it looks good on paper? CYA?

Tom Burns
Turning me into a bad guy eh? lol thats nice.. thanks

Old 07-22-2003, 06:38 PM   #122
ScottsReptiles
Re: Preliminary Vet Report

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghi Reptiles

This is the Vet Report (I have left out the contact information because of potential harrassment from involved parties. When the time comes the vets contact info will be released).
Thanks again for all of the support! [/b]

Not much to say after that. Thanks for posting that information.. takes all the guesses and estimations away from really all future discussions!

Old 07-22-2003, 06:47 PM   #123
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie Luna
[b]
I do not know who posted it........But someone said Matt waived the TOS by picking the shipping company.

If this is acceptable in your mind.........
Then please order some live ball pythons from me.....then pick the shipping company YOU want to ship with.
I will then go to my freezer and get some ball pythons from last year and ship it to you........
Then you can't hold me responsible......because by not shipping with the company I prefer.....you then waive your rights to my TOS
Sorry.. to me.. when someone wants to waive part of their TOS to sell a snake.. thats a big red flag to me and I will stay far away from that sale.

Its not acceptable.. but.. it can be done. I never said I agreed with that tatic. I always pride myself in honesty when it comes to sales.

Old 07-22-2003, 07:49 PM   #124
Ghi Reptiles
I hope the preliminary vet report helped some of you that were interested in seeing it. As you can see from reading it, the snake was in bad shape for some time. She is currently holding on and a couple of the vet techs are diong their best for her. I checked on her today and she was lying on the bottom of her cage and the skin seemed a bit looser. I don't know what would posess someone to do this and I could never imagine doing anything remotely like it. Scott I also hope your curiosity has been satisified. I have recieved some e-mail sort of bashing you but I understand where you are coming from.

Thanks again!

Old 07-22-2003, 08:37 PM   #125
bpc
It seems there is little doubt that this snake was ill BEFORE shipping. Matt, please post evidence that the snake came with any sort of guarantee. I have to ask you for all of this because Tim is not posting. Please also explain how/why you feel Tim's TOS are still in place, as there seems to be some contention on that point.

Now here's the horrible part of this story. There really isn't anything anyone can do about this. Court is an option, but how much could one really get? Small claims is limited, outright sueing him is another option but how much are you willing to spend to POSSIBLY get back $2500. If Tim is willing to take the bashing his reputation will get from this, he will get away with your $2500.

NEW RULE: IF YOU CAN NOT AFFORD TO LOSE THE MONEY YOU ARE SENDING SOMEONE FOR AN INTERNET TRANSACTION INVOLVING A REPTILE, DO NOT SEND THE MONEY. GO PICK UP THE ANIMAL YOURSELF. IF THAT IS NOT AN OPTION, THEN YOU REALLY DON'T NEED THAT ANIMAL THAT BADLY.

Old 07-22-2003, 09:24 PM   #126
David Reid
NEW RULE is rediculous...

How about we just go to Germany to pick up our new Porche? To Mexico to pick up our Corona....to England to pick up our Jag?

You seem to have this same lame idea about flying to pick up your reptile purchases on almost every post, give it a rest already, lame idea, not really doable for most, but maybe, just maybe if I was buying a Pied, for a good price, from someone I have never heard of.....NOT, would not do the deal in the first place!

It comes down to having legitimate and honest sellers....period. If someone is getting out of reptiles, and ships a sick animal, like some have said before, you may SPEND more than $2500 trying to get back your $2500. They do not care about their reputation any longer.

I have purchased over 35 Ball Pythons over the net AND in person. I have had all the deals go through, without really any hitches. Am I lucky, maybe, but I also do a thorough search and background check on the sellers, or, just buy from Stone, Kahl, Sharp etc. I would put the Sutherland's in here, but I live only 2 hrs from them, so do not need shipping when buying from them

Dave

Old 07-22-2003, 09:43 PM   #127
dwedeking
Your right. Logically getting Matt's money back will be more time consuming than it's worth. Course if it was my $2,500 or even $5 that a supposed friend went out of his way to screw me over I think I'd throw logic out the window and make this as much as an inconvenience for him as it's been for Matt.

If someone purposely sent me a sick $5 dragon you'd still see a post on here warning others away from him.

Yes Tim seems to have gotten away with $2,500. Wow, got the quick buck and that's it. There's a number of people out there looking to spend money on higher end snakes and they are reading this thread (I know because I am one that is "flagging" funds for a purchase after bearded dragon season is done). I think Tim's loss of sales is going to be quite larger than $2,500.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:21 PM   #128
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghi Reptiles
Scott I also hope your curiosity has been satisified. I have recieved some e-mail sort of bashing you but I understand where you are coming from.

Thanks again!
As my previous post had said.. it as definately satisfied any doubt that I had and cleared up any misconceptions that I had by not knowing the full facts.

Yea.. I figured someone out there would bash me.. I tend to get that because I have the ability to turn the emotional side of the brain off and just look at the facts... and I like to pry until I can see all the facts and make an informed decision. That usually ticks people off.... ah well.. what can you do though.

I wish I could give you some advice with the sick emerald... I have not been able to successfully bring back emeralds that have been in positions similar (and worse believe it or not) to yours. But.. thats probably why I like aboreals as much as I do.. they are not easy by any means... always a challenge!

Old 07-22-2003, 11:35 PM   #129
Ghi Reptiles
I was just on Tim Bowles website, Arboreals of the rainforest and while going through his Terms Page I noticed This:

Quote:
Your satisfaction is most important to me as well as the well being of the animal.
You can't be serious! LOL!

Here she is in all of her Arboreals of the Rainforest glory!

Not to complain but at $2,500.00 for this.....I am definately NOT satisfied and I don't believe that you can possibly care about the well being of this animal, but that's just my opinion.

All I am looking for Tim is for you to do the right thing here. I think a full refund is in order and like I said before I will cover the expenses at the vets place which now exceed $500.00 and I will not pursue any further action. You have my number and you know my e-mail.

Old 07-22-2003, 11:35 PM   #130
bpc
Dave,

Quote:
How about we just go to Germany to pick up our new Porche? To Mexico to pick up our Corona....to England to pick up our Jag?
Please reread the rule, it says "involving a reptile." There is no need to go and pick up your brand new car. There are established rules in this country which govern such pruchases. Lemon laws etc. There are no rules which REALLY (reread that) do us much good.

Quote:
It comes down to having legitimate and honest sellers....period.
Up until this post, he was. Period...errr...maybe a comma...or something.

Buying a $5-150 ball isn't what I'm talking about. Buying an animal worth thousands of dollars is what I'm talking about. I think when a plane ticket to pick up the animal is less than 20% of the purchase price, it makes sense to go get it. Look the seller in the eye, look the animal over, AVOID nasty-a$$ situations like this and not lose $1000-2000-10,000!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread