Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 09:45 PM   #151
jim scharphorn
Yes this is mighty sad !
I am/ was a freind of Tims. And I do not see how this would have happened during shipping. I do not know why Tim has done this. I do know that I asked Tim why he was not responding and he said because he retained councel and could not say anything. ( quite sad ) I also was in the market for one of Tims snakes the same time this came to this board. I recieved my snake this week and it came in in apperiant good condition. I will have to get it checked by my vet to be sure. It was sold to me as a female that would be ready to breed this coming season but it is not big enough to breed But Tim thinks I can feed it up and it will be ( LOL Its a Emerald ) they only grow so slowly LOL

I Believe Tim still has about 6 or 7 Basins over there so He probably won't be gone for long.
I have lost trust in Tim and would never send him Money up front.
And he sent me my snake on my word that I would pay him. so by him asking for the money up front with Matt makes no sence seeing this is the first snake Tim has sent me up front.

I also believe Tim should refund the money.

I am a very firm believer that Anyone that sends any animal should cover live delivery unless it was a carier fault ( there is no reason for this ) if you cannot guarentee live healthy delivery you have no business sending it.

And Scott, Well I just better leave that out.

Old 07-23-2003, 10:53 PM   #152
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
I asked Tim why he was not responding and he said because he retained councel and could not say anything.
So thet's where my $2,500.00 went! Tell me Tim, how much was it to retain a good lawyer in your county?

My lawyer said to just use my head while posting, but I think from the mess you have got yourself into Tim he/she gave you sound advice!

Yes Jim did get an emerald from Tim that would be 'breeding size' this year. I think at 700grams Jim you have about two years to go before she will safely be big enough! Was the purchase price based on her being breedable this year?

Old 07-23-2003, 11:11 PM   #153
SPJ
This whole situation is very sad. Not only for the snake but for both Tim and Matt. It looks to me like Matt is out his $2500 with no hope of a refund, the snake may end up dying, and this deal has probably done some serious damage to the reputation of Tims' business.

Old 07-23-2003, 11:29 PM   #154
Ghi Reptiles
Stunned

Hello to all!

I am absolutely shocked at what I just reread in Jims thread! After sending Tim at least $10,000.00 - $15,000.00 worth of animals, and I believe without him ever paying in full up front and taking months to pay for an individual animal, I had to pay 100% up front for the New Locale emerald that is now residing in the vets office. No offence to Jim at all but why didn't he have to pay up front for his animal? Does this seem strange to anyone but me? Tim had to have $2,500.00 before he shipped my animal out but Jim didn't have to send a red cent out. WHAT'S GOING ON?

Old 07-23-2003, 11:34 PM   #155
Sybella
Jim said they were friends...that's probably why he sent the snake on promise of payment.

Old 07-23-2003, 11:34 PM   #156
Nett
Matt its pretty self evident.......Isnt it?????

Old 07-23-2003, 11:42 PM   #157
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Sybella,

Since Tim and I probably talked at least 100 times in two years I would consider us friends and since I fronted him rediculous amounts of animals without being paid off for months I would consider us friends, wouldn't you? So what's the difference?

Old 07-23-2003, 11:59 PM   #158
Darin Chappell
Matt,

For what ever reason, there was/is a difference. Why put the onus on Jim to come up with an answer? You know Tim isn't going to respond . . .why push THAT particular aspect? Jim was supportive of your position, after all.

Old 07-24-2003, 12:35 AM   #159
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Darren,

Jim is a friend of mine and it was just a general question not directed at him. I have talked to Jim about what happened and he was very supportive of me. Sorry you took it the wrong way or if I came across the wrong way.....just shellshocked.

Old 07-24-2003, 01:06 AM   #160
DISCERN
hey Matt.......

Have the vets' shown any hope at all in the animal's condition? Is the snake getting better in any aspect?

Please keep us all posted. I am so sorry this has happened to you bro.

Take care!

Billy Fraser

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread